Author Topic: John Lennox, Jane McDowell, Lemnaroy, married abt 1840  (Read 644 times)

Offline Peggy13

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
John Lennox, Jane McDowell, Lemnaroy, married abt 1840
« on: Monday 10 December 18 02:26 GMT (UK) »
I found the death of Jane Lennox,  spinster, who died in Lemnaroy on Oct 29, 1914.She was a retired national school teacher and her brother-in-law Hugh Speer was present at death. So I looked up Hugh and found that he had married Elizabeth Lennox in 1880 and her father was John. Hugh and Elizabeth had no children. My next step was to get the will of Hugh Speer and the Administration papers for Jane Lennox. Turns out her sister Annie L. Kinsella who lived in Cincinatti, Ohio had given William Pollock power of attorney to handle Jane's estate tax matters. So there was Annie born abt 1842(married to William Kinsella), Elizabeth born abt 1843 (married to Hugh Speer) and Jane born abt 1844. I have no idea if there were other siblings. According to Annie's death record in USA, her parents were John Lennox and Jane McDowell, who probably married in Lemnaroy abt 1840. Is anyone researching this family or have further information about John and Jane, in particular John's parentage? I am trying to fit him into the  Lennox family that I have so far.
There are so very very many Annie Kinsella's in Ohio but I was able to follow the correct one due to a consistent address of 2618 Ashland ave. in Cincinatti, Ohio.
Thanks for any help.
Peggy
Meggison-Durham, Northumberland and Canada
Johnston - Co. Derry, Ireland
Groves - Co. Derry, Ireland

Offline Peggy13

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: John Lennox, Jane McDowell, Lemnaroy, married abt 1840
« Reply #1 on: Monday 10 December 18 02:38 GMT (UK) »
Annie's address is 2613 Ashland Ave. in Cincinatti. Sorry.
Peggy
Meggison-Durham, Northumberland and Canada
Johnston - Co. Derry, Ireland
Groves - Co. Derry, Ireland