Author Topic: Jewish Births in Manchester 1860  (Read 1708 times)

Offline [Ray]

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • UK Census information Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
Re: Jewish Births in Manchester 1860
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 11 December 18 18:51 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Just building a potential profile.     

Why did he move to NWLondon?Was Frank closely related? Son?     

I think that the "religious" link must be a lot wider/further back than you think.     

R

"The wise man knows how little he knows, the foolish man does not". My Grandfather & Father.

"You can’t give kindness away.  It keeps coming back". Mark Twain (?).

Offline Romilly

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 11 December 18 19:31 GMT (UK) »
Hi Again Ray,

- It's very difficult for me to know the answers to your questions, because my late Father, (son of William James Wilson) died when I was five. As he was almost 30 yrs older than my Mother, - there was no one left alive to ask when I started to try to find out about them.

I don't think that the Frank and Florence at Barnhill Road Wembley were related to my Grandparents. I think that William James and Margaret Wilson were living there with their sons, William Havelock Wilson, Evan Douglas Wilson, Ernest Rencella Wilson, George Felix Wilson and Richard Wilson. They lived there from 1931 - 1934 I think. They moved to Park Lane after Margaret Wilson's death. Perhaps Frank and Florence were other tenants? Are you sure they were Wilson as well?

I think that it was due to the Wembley Exhibition, 'The White City' etc that the family moved to Wembley. William James Wilson had a Painting and Decorating Company, but he was also branching out as a Building Contractor, and George Felix Wilson was training as an Architect... Wembley must have presented a lot of opportunities I suppose? I was born there, but it's changed beyond recognition now...

Romilly.
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Researching:
Wilson, Warren, Dulston, Hooper, Duffin, Petty, Rees, Davies, Williams, Newman, Dyer, Hamilton, Edmeads, Pattenden.

Offline [Ray]

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 11 December 18 20:17 GMT (UK) »

Hi       

I too lived there for the first 25 years of my life.     
Brother and lots of friends still there
My Father has not long passed and lived off Barn Hill     
As did In-Laws

"The Empire Exhibition" and Stadium development was mid-1920s (23/24/25?)     not 1930's.     

More than willing to send the elect.roll copy.(pm your email address?)There's also an address in Northwick (Park/Road) where his (WJW) name appears.     

Maybe it is as simple as "potential earnings, let's go to Wembley"     

My main point is that no closer "Jewish" links appear.     

Ray
"The wise man knows how little he knows, the foolish man does not". My Grandfather & Father.

Offline [Ray]

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 11 December 18 20:37 GMT (UK) »

https://www.ancestry.co.uk/interactive/1795/40020_605905_1492-00324?pid=286653077&backurl=https://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin/sse.dll?indiv%3D1%26dbid%3D1795%26h%3D286653077%26tid%3D%26pid%3D%26usePUB%3Dtrue%26_phsrc%3DFwf78%26_phstart%3DsuccessSource&treeid=&personid=&hintid=&usePUB=true&_phsrc=Fwf78&_phstart=successSource&usePUBJs=true
London England Electoral Registers 1832 - 1965     

101 Barnhill Road     

129 Rw Dw  Wilson, Florence     
130 R   -      Wilson, Frank William     
131 R   O     Wilson, William James     

Ray

Offline Romilly

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 11 December 18 20:58 GMT (UK) »

Thanks Ray.

I think that the 1937 William James Wilson is a different one.

From 1934 - 1957 members of my family lived at 57 Park Lane Wembley. (By Edward VII Park).

On my Grandfather's Death Cert in December 1937 his Address is 57 Park Lane Wembley. The Informant is my late Uncle George Felix Wilson.

Due to the brick wall with my Wilson Grandfather, I persuaded my younger sister and two first cousins from my Father's side to all take DNA tests. The results show 4%, 5%, 7% and 9% Jewish DNA + British Isles DNA. Cousins and Uncles from from my Mother's side have no Jewish DNA. And so the Jewish DNA must come from the Wilson side. I'm just not sure how far back though...

Romilly.
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Researching:
Wilson, Warren, Dulston, Hooper, Duffin, Petty, Rees, Davies, Williams, Newman, Dyer, Hamilton, Edmeads, Pattenden.

Offline california dreamin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 11 December 18 23:45 GMT (UK) »
Hi Romilly,

With regard to your Jewish Roots and DNA testing -

I'm sketchy on the DNA however do they not provide you with names that have the similar DNA sequencing when you do the testing?  For example, on FTDNA you get assigned to a group and therefore you have a pool of names? This is useful in your instance where we really need the original name.  Maybe it was a  Ancestry DNA test that your family did?  Isn't GEDMATCH the one everyone uses to increase their pool of results?  https://www.yourdnaguide.com/upload-to-gedmatch.  Just a thought

CD

Offline Romilly

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday 12 December 18 09:30 GMT (UK) »

Hi CD,

If only DNA testing was that straightforward!

Yes, I've uploaded my Ancestry DNA result to GEDMATCH, My Heritage, FamilyTree and Living. Most of them give you a list of 'Matches', although most of them are too low to be significant. You can message these people, but you can't make them reply.

If your Matches have put Trees up, you can check the names. But because I'm stuck with my Wilson Grandfather, I don't have any names further back:-(

Romilly.
Researching:

Offline hurworth

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday 12 December 18 10:22 GMT (UK) »
It's very helpful that your sister and cousins have also had DNA tests.  Have they also uploaded to MyHeritage?

Offline Romilly

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday 12 December 18 12:41 GMT (UK) »
It's very helpful that your sister and cousins have also had DNA tests.  Have they also uploaded to MyHeritage?

Hi Hurworth,

I've explained how to do it, but I doubt that most of them will...

Romilly :-\
Researching: