Author Topic: Dorney/Durney family in Tipperary  (Read 2837 times)

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile

Offline Kay01

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Dorney/Durney family in Tipperary
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 11 December 18 08:10 GMT (UK) »
Wow, thankyou so much for all the replies, I honestly didnt expect it! You have given me so much to go on, thankyou  ;D
Dorney/Durney; Croke/Croake; Brach, Welsh/Walsh(Ireland) Sherwen; White (Cumbria & Scotland)

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile

Offline Kay01

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 11 December 18 08:48 GMT (UK) »
Thankyou again. I'm going to follow up all these leads and hope I can find something that links the William Dorney in Tipperary with my grandad William getting married in Workington, Cumberland in 1919. I have tried looking at arrivals in ship records but so far no luck.
Thankyou again, I'm going to be having a very busy day!
Dorney/Durney; Croke/Croake; Brach, Welsh/Walsh(Ireland) Sherwen; White (Cumbria & Scotland)

Offline Cwellan CoDown

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 11 December 18 11:08 GMT (UK) »
Thankyou again. I'm going to follow up all these leads and hope I can find something that links the William Dorney in Tipperary with my grandad William getting married in Workington, Cumberland in 1919. I have tried looking at arrivals in ship records but so far no luck.

You won't getting shipping records between Ireland and England as they were both part of the UK
McClean, Kelly, Murray, Higgins, McAnulty (McNulty, Conalty, Kinolty), Morgan, Rafferty, McPolin (All Co Down, Ireland) Bowman, Hooper(Yorkshire)

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 11 December 18 12:11 GMT (UK) »

He has a twin sister Catherine/Kathleen listed above him on the births, the date is correct and they have a father Thomas who calls himself a Contractor in the census and they come from Tipperary.

Don't think you can get much better unless a church record of his marriage gives his mother's name.