Author Topic: G J FALKINER Western Australia  (Read 6566 times)

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Re: G J FALKINER Western Australia
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 11 December 18 11:21 GMT (UK) »
Our OP has been a member since 2013.   :)  Perhaps he/she could list where they have already looked, so that we are not duplicating.

On the Resources Board link I listed earlier, there's the National Archives of Australia ... there's digitised passenger lists covering 1898 - 1972 ... search by surname  :) 

I am fairly confident that none of the links posted in this thread are new links, I am confident they will be listed in the Resources Board and/or its child boards.   

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scottish GGGrandmother-Grace MORRISON née JARDINE
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 11 December 18 11:35 GMT (UK) »
There are many topics on Rootschat started by people looking for information who have no idea whether someone is alive or dead.

The skill of Rootschatters here is that they will use their personal knowledge of websites to provide information which will help either solve the mystery or provide clues as to where to look next.

To simply close down a topic within 20 minutes of posting could prevent closure for people who are not as knowledgeable of how or where to look.

As it stands, there have already been some useful links provided.

What I said was: As he may still be living, information on him cannot be provided.

I did not say that suggestions could not be be given as to how the OP can go about searching for him.

There is a big difference between the two.

They may try the Salvation Army, who I believe assist in these matters.

Jamjar
Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline tascj

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 11 December 18 22:24 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for your replies to date.  I have been researching FH for twenty years and I have come to Rootschat just to see if anyone has any bright ideas.  I feel I have tried everywhere possible but we have been hitting brick walls everywhere we turn. I am extremely grateful for everyone's contribution.  My friend has lost her mother, her sister and her brother and is starting to lose hope that she may never know the truth.  So please keep the post going just to open up any avenues that I may not have thought of.   

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 11 December 18 22:35 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for your replies to date.  I have been researching FH for twenty years and I have come to Rootschat just to see if anyone has any bright ideas.  I feel I have tried everywhere possible but we have been hitting brick walls everywhere we turn. I am extremely grateful for everyone's contribution.  My friend has lost her mother, her sister and her brother and is starting to lose hope that she may never know the truth.  So please keep the post going just to open up any avenues that I may not have thought of.

Here's the full post at #2 from our stickied HOW TO thread on this Australia Board.  It has reliable suggestions to help your friend advance their quest.   I assure you that I have not found anything to support the notion that he is no longer living, and so I am concerned that if he is living in Australia that he is at a vulnerable age and his personal privacy ought to be respected.  In Australia, a person's names are part of the consideration for respect of personal privacy. ... Here is the full reply from that reply #2 of the HOW TO thread. 

RootsChat - Our Policy on Living Persons.

Here on RootsChat we are very concerned that the privacy and security of the living is protected. For this reason we do not allow searches for living persons. Although we fully understand you would like recent information to add to your tree, or that you may wish to make contact with birth families, relatives you lost contact with when they immigrated to Australia, missing family or friends, we are afraid we are unable to assist you.

We are very sorry for the inconvenience this causes you but we are sure you will appreciate the reasons for this.

Please See:- http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,142443.0.html

We do have a few suggestions which may help:-

Telephone Directory. We would suggest when looking for Living Persons be sure to try the Telephone Book

http://www.whitepages.com.au/wp/initResSearch.do

Recent Electoral Rolls. These can be a very good source: They are available to view at Australian Electoral Commission Offices and in major libraries.

BMD Cut Off Points. In Australia Each State has different cut off dates for access to BMD index information and requirements for the purchase of certificates: some of these birth dates are too late for us to publish on a public forum.

http://www.jaunay.com/bdm.html

Passenger Lists. Among other things, if your family immigrated after 1921, you may just find it listed on the National Archives Site. Dates of birth are often included. Be sure to check.

http://www.naa.gov.au/collection/recordsearch/index.aspx

Information on WW2 Veterans - A lot of these men were born in the 1920’s – Some of them now in their 80’s use the internet, or a loved one finds something and shows them. They can become most distressed to see that someone has published personal information about them on a public forum. Remember these Government Sites are not accessible to search engines – we are!

http://www.ww2roll.gov.au/

If you are looking for living descendants, that is fine provided you do not provide details of these living persons. If you are providing details of someone we are likely to suspect may still be living, but you know is deceased, please state this.

Although we are keen to help you make connections, there are times, however, when other community networks will be able to do more and this is especially so in the case of people searching for their birth parents/missing people. We suggest using Google Search will lead such searchers in the right direction.

We are sorry we are unable to help you with any searches for the living but may we wish you every success in your hunt  ;D
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 12 December 18 00:45 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

Something is simply not making good sense.

Marriage in 1957 in W.A., Disappearance in 1958... but 3 children of the marriage ...

Has your friend sought access to the official birth certificates for each of those two deceased siblings ... and considered if the informant/s on each one has provided any variation in the details about each of their parents ... and followed up on those variations, particularly where they vary from their own official birth certificate ...  father's occupation, usual address, mother's former names, who was the informant, did they confirm date/place of marriage, etc... matching up signatures to the official marriage registration etc...

JM

Offline tascj

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 12 December 18 00:55 GMT (UK) »
Yes, we have all the certificates of the children and the parents marriage. The dates of marriage on each birth certificate we know to be false.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 12 December 18 01:01 GMT (UK) »
Have you checked who was the informant each time ... ie if GJF was the informant on any cert, that places him at that location at that point in time.. These are all significant issues that professional counsellors would consider when striving to help your friend.   Please consider that RChatters are not trained professional counsellors.   

JM

Offline tascj

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 12 December 18 01:05 GMT (UK) »
Of course I understand and respect that.  My intention is to see if any other avenues exist which I haven't thought of.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 12 December 18 01:10 GMT (UK) »
Of course I understand and respect that.  My intention is to see if any other avenues exist which I haven't thought of.

Yes, but in seeking any other avenues, you did not need to put the identifying information about GJF in any post, as RChat threads are easily found without needing to log in.   Your question could have been posed and helpers respond without needing to know his name or his parents names.  I am sure you would have been inundated with many more suggestions if your threads did not include identifying details. 

JM