Author Topic: James Merrion & Eliza 1871  (Read 776 times)

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: James Merrion & Eliza 1871
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 11 December 18 22:13 GMT (UK) »
It wasn't uncommon in Liverpool for people to use "convenience" addresses when they married so it's possible the same may have happened here. 

If people wanted to marry at a particular church outside of their own parish - they "pretended" to live locally.  In some cases - the address didn't even exist and in others it belonged to friends or relatives 
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: James Merrion & Eliza 1871
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 11 December 18 22:57 GMT (UK) »
I've just finished searching the disc and I can't find them anywhere in Gerard St.  It seems strange they are not there given the time span of the baptisms, marriage and 1881 census. 

As William was born so late in 1871 - I'm sure James would have died after the 1871 census so perhaps the family had gone on a visit to Ireland.   Eliza would have been barely pregnant at that time.

There is an 1876 death in Liverpool of a James Marron aged 55 but I can't find a burial record to check his address nor can I find an 1871 entry for that name to rule him out

EDIT

James was born abt 1826 Belfast Ireland,

1861 shows his birth year as 1822 so above death is a possibility
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)