Author Topic: Graham family  (Read 1793 times)

Offline Penninah

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Great Grandpa William Hillman
    • View Profile
Graham family
« on: Wednesday 12 December 18 16:39 GMT (UK) »
Hi all,

I am wondering if anyone knows of any sources in Co Donegal for the Graham family. I am trying to trace my James Graham born either 1805 or 1817 dependent on which census you believe. He may or may not have been brothers to a Richard, Patrick and Gilbert. At some point before 1840 he emigrated to New Brunswick, Canada in particular and area associated with the Irish of Co Donegal. Long shot I am sure.

Thanks,

Penninah
Doling- Middlesex/London +Hants, Morgan- London/Middlesex +Glouc, Vincent- London/Middlesex, Wambach (+Hamburg & Suffolk), Wadley & Wilkins.<br /><br />NORTHUMBERLAND; English, Huggup & Webster.<br />HANTS; Heath<br /><br />Any census info is crown copywright

Offline rathmore

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Graham family
« Reply #1 on: Friday 14 December 18 14:08 GMT (UK) »
Donegal resources

http://www.donegalgenealogy.com

you need at towland.

Offline rathmore

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 14 December 18 14:15 GMT (UK) »

Offline Penninah

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 14 December 18 23:05 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for your reply.
I have tried familysearch but the other link may come in useful.  :)
Doling- Middlesex/London +Hants, Morgan- London/Middlesex +Glouc, Vincent- London/Middlesex, Wambach (+Hamburg & Suffolk), Wadley & Wilkins.<br /><br />NORTHUMBERLAND; English, Huggup & Webster.<br />HANTS; Heath<br /><br />Any census info is crown copywright

Online shume

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 15 December 18 00:52 GMT (UK) »
http://www.igp-web.com/IGPArchives/ire/donegal/index.htm
http://freepages.rootsweb.com/~donegal/genealogy/
A couple of links here: Agree that without a townland your task is almost impossible and your name is not uncommon. I have spent many years focusing on our family in Co Donegal with a lot of success. Try working from the Canada end as there are newspapers online, do you know where he died? Which census did you check?
shume
HUME: Fermanagh, Donegal,Sligo,Australia
PASFIELD: Essex, London
SHAW/STANLEY: Co Waterford,Ireland, Australia

Online shume

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 15 December 18 00:54 GMT (UK) »
HUME: Fermanagh, Donegal,Sligo,Australia
PASFIELD: Essex, London
SHAW/STANLEY: Co Waterford,Ireland, Australia

Offline Penninah

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 15 December 18 02:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

Thanks for reply and help, I have come across this thread and been in touch with a couple of ancestors of these brothers but there is nothing to connect them to my James. They are just in the right place at the right time so I am keeping an open mind.

Offline rathmore

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 15 December 18 12:32 GMT (UK) »
when did he died, does he have a grave sometime they put in the name of the place they are from in Ireland on the death certificate.  Was he married if so what does it say on his marriage certificate, did he have a pension?

Offline Penninah

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 15 December 18 18:44 GMT (UK) »
James was on the 1891 but not the 1901 so somewhere in between, I can't find a death or a gravestone! I can't find either of his marriages or the births of any of his children!! I am finding Canadian records or lack of them frustrating.