Author Topic: THOMPSON family - High Street, Crowle, Lincolnshire  (Read 792 times)

Offline Bilham

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
THOMPSON family - High Street, Crowle, Lincolnshire
« on: Wednesday 12 December 18 22:01 GMT (UK) »
I am researching my great grandfather, John Thompson and his wife Lilly Thompson (nee Couch). The 1911 Census indicates that three children had been born alive although one had subsequently died. This latter death occurred between census's and I can't seem to find any record in births/baptisms via ancestry.co.uk searches.

Can anyone help?

Bilham

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: THOMPSON family - High Street, Crowle, Lincolnshire
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 12 December 18 22:53 GMT (UK) »
This latter death occurred between census's and I can't seem to find any record in births/baptisms via ancestry.co.uk searches.

The death could not have occurred between censuses as they only married in 1903

Use https://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/Login.asp  to search for Thompson birth with a mmn of Couch from after their 1903 marriage date up to 1911

If you have purchased certs online you will have created a login/password - if not - registration is free

Using that facility shows Annie  1903  Bernard 1905 and John 1904
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline DCB

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 13 December 18 09:12 GMT (UK) »
In case you have not found the death of the child missing from the census:-

THOMPSON, JOHN age 0 1904 D Quarter in THORNE Volume 09C Page 498 (birth in the same quarter)

David

Offline Bilham

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 21 January 19 18:11 GMT (UK) »
Thank-you Carole W and DCB for your help. And for pointing me at GRO.  I confess, I had used it but only to ask for certs I had found in other places.
Based on your recommendation I went back to GRO but it decided it did not like my password and also wouldn't issue the password refresh email to my email account (I also looked in spam).  I'm waiting for GRO to come back to me to explain the problem and then maybe I will be able to get in and have a proper look around.

Anyway...thanks again.

Graham