Author Topic: Help deciphering signature  (Read 1578 times)

Online Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Help deciphering signature
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 15 December 18 09:42 GMT (UK) »
Looking at the hub cap,it is dangerous!
It sticks out beyond the main line of the car.
Perhaps it belonged to Boadicea? ;D
On the continent Mercedes are not allowed the badge to be proud on the bonnet.
Well they were not when we lived there,seemingly there had been a number of cases where a person hit by a Merc was thrown over the bonnet and serious injuries were caused by the the badge sticking up, obviously they would be seriously hurt anyway but specific injuries could be traced to the badge.
So don’t ever get knocked down by. Roller!
Viktoria.

Offline CarolA3

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My adopted home
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 15 December 18 13:22 GMT (UK) »
So don’t ever get knocked down by Roller!

No cause for concern unless it's an older one :D

'Today's Spirit of Ecstasy, from the 2003 Phantom model onward, stands at 3 inches and, for safety, is mounted on a spring-loaded mechanism designed to retract instantly into the radiator shell if struck from any direction.'

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spirit_of_Ecstasy

Carol
OXFORDSHIRE / BERKSHIRE
Bullock, Cooper, Boler/Bowler, Wright, Robinson, Lee, Prior, Trinder, Newman, Walklin, Louch

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 15 December 18 13:37 GMT (UK) »
Looks to be very precise, probably done with ruler, compass, protractor by someone who did Technical Drawings & looks to me like a Ferrari?

Annie

I would agree with that...I wonder if it is part of an art student's portfolio for an interview or exam.

Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Online Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 16 December 18 10:10 GMT (UK) »
Well, I sold my 1910 Roller a few years ago,and was going off that,I also tell whopping great lies!
Went on a car rally some years ago,we were taken in such a car.
Well, there was no driver’s side door,just the passenger side,as the driver’s wife had mobility difficulties but was navigating,she got in first,he made sure her door was properly closed then had to climb into his seat via the back ones.
We in the back seat were thrown about dreadfully,the back seat was quite high and as it was a lovely sunny day “we will have the top down”.
Oh my lors,we were wind blown,freezing cold in the stiff breeze and felt idiots as we passed pubs Churches etc as people were leaving,they expected us to wave ,
like H.M.
The car had been all done up in Australia,there had been another at the same time and believe it or not the engines had been swapped by mistake thus lowering the value of each car enormously.
The owner was going to have it shipped back so all could be as it ought to have been.
The driver was just a member of the club and very kindly offered to give us
“The ride of a lifetime”,we were visiting family who also were in the club.
It was most kind ,I know but not a pleasant experience.
I felt and so did my OH really daft,so high on the back seat being shaken about.The suspension was awful,don”t know the exact model.
We were driving a Golf,and oh what luxury to get back into that modest though it was .
That really is a lovely piece of art,and you have others.
Are you displaying them?
Cheerio.Viktoria.