Author Topic: how to stop being angry about stolen photos  (Read 855 times)

Offline Regorian

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Henry Griffiths Jnr c1914, HMS Achilles
    • View Profile
Re: how to stop being angry about stolen photos
« Reply #9 on: Friday 14 December 18 14:20 GMT (UK) »
Yes, I will be more careful in future. The main thing is I have not yet deposited my Tree to Society of Genealogists  and relevant CRO's. if they're interested.

I don't mind at all if I get acknowlegement. Also I made a mistake and posted a photograph to another Site. I got it deleted, but someone had lifted it and posted it to their Site. I wrote to them, but as far as I know it's still there.   
Griffiths Llandogo, Mitcheltroy, Mon. and Whitchurch Here (Also Edwards),  18th C., Griffiths FoD 19th Century.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Ray T

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: how to stop being angry about stolen photos
« Reply #10 on: Friday 14 December 18 15:44 GMT (UK) »
Actually, within the strict meaning of the word, taking information from a public source; e.g.  something published on a website, or “secondary research” as its called in academic circles, is perfectly legitimate. Its down the the person taking it to demonstrate its relevance to the subject they’re researching, however.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.