Author Topic: Any Online Maps of St James Cemetery, L'pool layout w lettered grave sections?  (Read 142 times)

Offline Westoe

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Two of my ancestors were buried in St James' Cemetery, Liverpool - one in 1860's, one in 1870's.

I have looked up their burials online at familysearch.org and, on the index register films, their grave locations appear to be identical. Plus then I looked up their individual burial records on film which gave only the usual brief information.

However I am wondering if there are any extant cemetery plans which would give me some idea of where in that large, now-cleared-and-turned-into-park, space they were buried.

Does anyone know?

All help gratefully received.

Cheers,
Westoe

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Any Online Maps of St James Cemetery, L'pool layout w lettered grave sections?
« Reply #1 on: Friday 14 December 18 04:52 GMT (UK) »
This may or may not help. If not there is a "Contact" link on the website.

http://www.stjamescemetery.co.uk/picture/138-plan/category/plans

Click on the map to zoom in and see plot numbers.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Westoe

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Any Online Maps of St James Cemetery, L'pool layout w lettered grave sections?
« Reply #2 on: Friday 14 December 18 05:34 GMT (UK) »
Aha! Ruskie, thank you very much. Why couldn't I find that? I did Google various terms before asking for help.

This is wonderful! Now I know what HWT means (=Higher Western Terrace) and I can actually see the plot number on that map. Wow!! That's almost as good as having the original stone still standing.

This particular couple means a lot to me. I've grown very fond of them over the years as I pieced together their story. Thank you. 

Cheers,
Westoe