Author Topic: Any Online Maps of St James Cemetery, L'pool layout w lettered grave sections?  (Read 530 times)

Offline Westoe

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Two of my ancestors were buried in St James' Cemetery, Liverpool - one in 1860's, one in 1870's.

I have looked up their burials online at familysearch.org and, on the index register films, their grave locations appear to be identical. Plus then I looked up their individual burial records on film which gave only the usual brief information.

However I am wondering if there are any extant cemetery plans which would give me some idea of where in that large, now-cleared-and-turned-into-park, space they were buried.

Does anyone know?

All help gratefully received.

Cheers,
Westoe

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Any Online Maps of St James Cemetery, L'pool layout w lettered grave sections?
« Reply #1 on: Friday 14 December 18 04:52 GMT (UK) »
This may or may not help. If not there is a "Contact" link on the website.

http://www.stjamescemetery.co.uk/picture/138-plan/category/plans

Click on the map to zoom in and see plot numbers.

Offline Westoe

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Any Online Maps of St James Cemetery, L'pool layout w lettered grave sections?
« Reply #2 on: Friday 14 December 18 05:34 GMT (UK) »
Aha! Ruskie, thank you very much. Why couldn't I find that? I did Google various terms before asking for help.

This is wonderful! Now I know what HWT means (=Higher Western Terrace) and I can actually see the plot number on that map. Wow!! That's almost as good as having the original stone still standing.

This particular couple means a lot to me. I've grown very fond of them over the years as I pieced together their story. Thank you. 

Cheers,
Westoe