Author Topic: twin Ward uncles who died as babies in Teynham  (Read 1285 times)

Offline Bambi1st

• RootsChat Extra
  • Life is short ,live it x
    • View Profile
Re: twin Ward uncles who died as babies in Teynham
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 15 December 18 15:49 GMT (UK) »
I cant thank you enough for all that information and yes they moved to Rochester It may have been Rose street or Thomas street as I think they lived in both at one point my mum told me :)
Keane. Ward. Slucock. Simmons.

Online DCB

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 15 December 18 17:26 GMT (UK) »
If you go to Google maps, enter the post code ME1 2DD and then use Street View, you can see the house. It is no 27, the one with grey rendering and green painted stonework with a red car outside.

David

Offline grandarog

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • The Original Ancestor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 15 December 18 20:26 GMT (UK) »
As I stated on previous post .
       They must have left Teynham  for Rochester soon after Barbara  was born. Ronald had secured a job on the Railway as a Permanent Way Heavy Gang Worker. (maintaining the tracks and track bed ,which is known as the Permanent Way) .The depot was at Rochester for our area.
       By 1939 he had been promoted to Ganger (Charge Hand Or Foreman)which suggests he had been in the job for some time.
WAGHORN/E
KENWARD
HARRIS
DIXON
MARSHALL
MERCER
CARE
FAGG
RUSSELL
WOODRUFF      

All these  Families were Born and Bred in Kent

Offline Bambi1st

• RootsChat Extra
  • Life is short ,live it x
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 15 December 18 22:26 GMT (UK) »
He eventually ended up working in the dockyard but sady his wife died when his children were still young and Ronalds sisters decided it was best to put Barbara in a girls home called Charlotte Sharman in London or the outskirts of it, a really lovely place by what my mother told me  ,he kept his son Albert with him ,Albert died last year and Barbara my mother died in 2011, Its so good to know about the family, all that are left are the children of Barbara and Albertv,my mother had twins my brother and sister and Alberts granddaughter is about to have her twins a boy and girl .
Keane. Ward. Slucock. Simmons.