Author Topic: Elizabeth Win(d)ley , 2 possibilities  (Read 728 times)

Offline dutch missmarple

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Elizabeth Win(d)ley , 2 possibilities
« on: Friday 14 December 18 11:00 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

In FreeReg I found the burials of Elizabeth Winley (Winly, Windley) twice.

Dates : 20 Dec 1750 (Writtle) and 9 May 1743 Roxwell.

Is there any additional information ? maybe age, or wife of..., or daugther of.....

Thank you

Dutch MissMarple
Wilson: Writtle Essex, Shorne Kent.
Windley: Woodford Essex, Chigwell Essex, Blackmore Essex.
Halls: Chigwell and Woodford, Essex
Ambrose and Corteling: Sri Lanka

Offline cuffie81

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Elizabeth Win(d)ley , 2 possibilities
« Reply #1 on: Friday 14 December 18 13:09 GMT (UK) »
No additional info for either, just the name and date.
Anderson Banks Beard Brewer Caves Clarke Clinch Cooling Cuff Denton Gamble Gibson Gunn Hunt Mills Muncey Norris Notzke Reid Robinson Searle Smith Trundle Turner Weedon Wells Wilson

Offline nannyj

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 15 December 18 21:34 GMT (UK) »
Elizabeth Winley who died 1743 in Roxwell, I believe my is my 8x great grandmother Elizabeth Elson, who married John Winley born 1663.
I can’t prove but think the Elizabeth Winley who is buried in Writtle is the wife of James Winley. They married in October 1749. Her maiden name was Joyce. They has a child James on 16 Dec 1750 and  There are no more children for them but in 1753 James and Mary Winley have a daughter Mary. It does possibly say John and Mary, the writing is a bit difficult to read, but looking at the other johns, I think this one says James.
Jamiesons, Martins and McGonigals of Coleraine, Londonderry
and
Cullens, Grahams and Challenors of Dublin county and city.

Offline dutch missmarple

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 16 December 18 16:22 GMT (UK) »
Elizabeth Winley who died 1743 in Roxwell, I believe my is my 8x great grandmother Elizabeth Elson, who married John Winley born 1663.
I can’t prove but think the Elizabeth Winley who is buried in Writtle is the wife of James Winley. They married in October 1749. Her maiden name was Joyce. They has a child James on 16 Dec 1750 and  There are no more children for them but in 1753 James and Mary Winley have a daughter Mary. It does possibly say John and Mary, the writing is a bit difficult to read, but looking at the other johns, I think this one says James.

If the Elizabeth burried in Writtle died in 1750, it's impossible that she had a child Mary in 1753 !?!?

I think Elizabeth burried in Writtle 1750 is Elizabeth Elson. And Elizabeth burried in 1743 in Roxwell is possibly Elizabeth Oakes, married to John Winley in 1716 in Roxwell.

As they say overhere in the Netherlands: if you can't proof it, you can't use it.

So, in my opinion still a mystery  be solved(as well as many other names and dates that are still missing or not proven in my family tree)

thanks for the feedback NannyJ ! :)

DMM
Wilson: Writtle Essex, Shorne Kent.
Windley: Woodford Essex, Chigwell Essex, Blackmore Essex.
Halls: Chigwell and Woodford, Essex
Ambrose and Corteling: Sri Lanka

Offline nannyj

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 16 December 18 18:57 GMT (UK) »
You said 'If the Elizabeth burried in Writtle died in 1750, it's impossible that she had a child Mary in 1753 !?!?'

I think you might've misread my post - I said that James and Elizabeth had no more children after James baptised 16 december 1750 and she was buried 20 december 1750 ... about right for a possible childbirth death.

James and MARY had a child Mary in 1753. (I need to find a marriage for this, as if it says 'widower' that would be handy!)

It makes sense (albeit not proven) that the one marrying and having children in Roxwell, was buried in Roxwell and that the one marrying and having a child in Writtle was buried in Writtle. I will try to see where James is buried, as this might support my theory. (Let's hope he's not buried in Roxwell, eh????!!!)
Jamiesons, Martins and McGonigals of Coleraine, Londonderry
and
Cullens, Grahams and Challenors of Dublin county and city.