Author Topic: 1970s TV genealogical mystery on YouTube  (Read 693 times)

Offline Mart 'n' Al

• RootsChat Leaver
  • RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
1970s TV genealogical mystery on YouTube
« on: Tuesday 18 December 18 10:27 GMT (UK) »
I've been watching 'Public Eye', an early 1970s private investigator detective series on YouTube.  This episode is about a genealogical mystery. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSi3c_sGD0g&list=PL2OKZznDTlDXwTUl8KMK2WXdlyZ_LLa7w&index=11

It's OK if you are waiting at home for Christmas presents to be delivered and have nothing else to do.  I'm working my way through the entire series.

Martin

Offline Regorian

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Henry Griffiths Jnr c1914, HMS Achilles
    • View Profile
Re: 1970s TV genealogical mystery on YouTube
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 18 December 18 10:45 GMT (UK) »
Oh yes, I'd forgotten all about Alfred Burke 1918 to 2011. Fine actor. That series ran for 10 years. I will watch it. 
Griffiths Llandogo, Mitcheltroy, Mon. and Whitchurch Here (Also Edwards),  18th C., Griffiths FoD 19th Century.

Offline Mart 'n' Al

• RootsChat Leaver
  • RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 18 December 18 10:55 GMT (UK) »
I'm really enjoying it.  It is so laid back.  No violence or murders, and, in the current series, some great scenes of by-gone Eton and Windsor.  27/9 for a half bottle of whisky.  And our hero charges 6 guineas a day.

Martin

Offline Regorian

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Henry Griffiths Jnr c1914, HMS Achilles
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 18 December 18 11:09 GMT (UK) »
Has Eton and Windsor changed much since then. In the early 50's my mother took me sometimes to see the changing of the Guard. I tapped my foot to the band music.

I was at prep school in Slough and we were always at Eton College, don't know what the connection was. 
Griffiths Llandogo, Mitcheltroy, Mon. and Whitchurch Here (Also Edwards),  18th C., Griffiths FoD 19th Century.

Offline Mart 'n' Al

• RootsChat Leaver
  • RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 18 December 18 12:12 GMT (UK) »
I've actually spent far too much time comparing freeze frame from the TV programme with the current view on Google Street View and unless you have the castle in the background it's very hard to get any similarity between 50 years ago and now.

Martin