Author Topic: King  (Read 1864 times)

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Re: King
« Reply #27 on: Thursday 20 December 18 21:23 GMT (UK) »
Thank you everyone for all the information.
I think the Aboriginal ancestry is on the Woodley side.

Thank you again

Henry WOODLEY, of Hanging Rock was not born in NSW ... he migrated to NSW,   

Do you have his NSW BDM certs for his marriages and death .... what is recorded for his origins ...

ADD,
He was Cornish  :) see earlier replies  ;)
I think he had brothers who arrived January 1855 per the Ebba Brahe 

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline chempat

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Thursday 20 December 18 21:56 GMT (UK) »
Why do you think there is an Aboriginal connection, and what research have you done yourself on this?

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Thursday 20 December 18 22:25 GMT (UK) »
Chempat is asking an excellent question for there's nothing been posted on this thread to date that suggests that Oscar was of Aboriginal descent.

Thank you.

Maybe her husband  was of Aboriginal decent.

Oscar C Woodley.

I am wondering IF there's been some mis-understanding over the generations.  You see, up until around 1949, many official records would require people to note if they were 'British Subjects' either by birth or formal naturalisation.   And the usual response recorded for those born in Australia was often 'N.B.' or 'Native Born'  or 'Natural Born' ... simply meaning born HERE ... ...
There's been threads at RChat in the past that have addressed that aspect.   Many of the AIF from WWI were noted as 'Native Born' ... meaning born in any of the then six colonies that federated after their births ... (born in the late 1800's, federation 1901, WWI 1914-18)...

Woodley Brook can also be found as Woodly Brook.  It has faded from official records, but in the Land Reforms of the 1860s it is likely to be found in the historic parish maps  in the County of Parry, Parish of Nundle ... near to Bowling Alley Point and Hanging Rock. 

http://www.nswlrs.com.au/land_titles/historical_records_online/historical_maps_cancelled_editions

JM

The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Thursday 20 December 18 22:34 GMT (UK) »
 :)  I have just had a quick skim through some of my family history for Wallabadah (right area) and for Uralla (also right area) ... I am sure that ROBSON (nee name of Oscar's mum) were land holders at Hanging Rock in the 1860s and 1870s and later.

I am sorry, but at this time of the year I have some family commitments, so I cannot help further with actual serious concentrated study time scrolling through. zooming in, cross referencing etc via those online parish maps to get the CP details to then get the DP and folio etc.

Happy Christmas to everyone.

JM

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Thursday 20 December 18 22:44 GMT (UK) »

Offline chezza60

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Friday 21 December 18 01:01 GMT (UK) »
Thank you again everyone.

I am putting research on hold for the moment.

Have a Merry Christmas,