Author Topic: Microsoft Wireless Mouse 700 v2.0  (Read 3033 times)

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scarcliffe village Derbyshire
    • View Profile
Re: Microsoft Wireless Mouse 700 v2.0
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 23 December 18 04:48 GMT (UK) »
I had a wireless mouse & keyboard that came this desktop all in one computer bought 2011 and was forever changing or charging batteries, so I went back to an old wired keyboard I had in the loft and bought a couple cheap wired mouse's from Asda supermarket (UK) (one as a spare). Computing was much more relaxing after that and I was  not in a bad mood at the top of the tree fiddling with batteries.(Also direct wired is safer that wireless.)
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Any transcription of information does not identify or prove anything.
Intended as a Guide only in ancestry research.-It is up to the reader as to any Judgment of assessments of information given! to check from original sources.

In my opinion the marriage residence is not always the place of birth. Never forget Workhouse and overseers accounts records of birth

Offline sarra

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 25 December 18 23:15 GMT (UK) »
dobfarm,
I think I may give that ago.  I'll hunt around and see if I can find my old wired mouse/keyboard.
Thanks  - Sarra :)

Offline sarra

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 27 December 18 23:08 GMT (UK) »
Dear Helpers,
I've solved my problem - went out and bought a new keyboard and mouse (not a Wireless one).
Just wondering how I will manage when I have to plug in a USB to save items to - because I only have two USB ports and they are now taken up with the mouse/keyboard :).
Sarra

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 28 December 18 00:03 GMT (UK) »
Dear Helpers,

Just wondering how I will manage when I have to plug in a USB to save items to - because I only have two USB ports and they are now taken up with the mouse/keyboard :).
Sarra

Get an Adapter with 2 or more USB ports.

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scarcliffe village Derbyshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 28 December 18 03:15 GMT (UK) »
Dear Helpers,

Sarra

Get an Adapter with 2 or more USB ports.

4 or 5 - USB port adaptor are about best for a desktop as size wise to hid behind a computer
(Don't forget you lose a USB port in your computer with adaptor cable USB male plug - so a 5 female adaptor gives you 4 new female ports)

Similar to one in the link (prices may be different in Australia but open or indoor market stalls usually sell them cheaper-Well in the UK they do)

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing-accessories/computer-accessories/power-and-cables/external-usb-hubs/advent-atyc4hb16-usb-type-c-to-usb-3-0-4-port-hub-10140603-pdt.html
Any transcription of information does not identify or prove anything.
Intended as a Guide only in ancestry research.-It is up to the reader as to any Judgment of assessments of information given! to check from original sources.

In my opinion the marriage residence is not always the place of birth. Never forget Workhouse and overseers accounts records of birth

Offline sarra

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 30 December 18 01:04 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for those suggestions.
Will have a look for them when I next go shopping. In fact I think I will try shopping on-line for them now.

Sarra :)

Offline andrewalston

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My granddad
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 03 January 19 09:42 GMT (UK) »
Not many people realise that you can cascade USB devices - you can have up to 127 devices plugged in to a single port.

A USB hub counts as one device, so you can't have 127 mice plugged in and working at the same time.

You can plug in multiple mice though, and they all work - having a second, wireless, mouse plugged in and having "power battles" was a trick regularly played in one office I used to deal with.

There is a limit on the power available, so if you want to run, say, two USB external hard drives, a USB hub with its own power supply would be the best option. Mice and keyboards use very little power though.

One of the keyboards I have has its own USB hub built in, but it is quite old and only supports slow devices.
Looking at ALSTON in south Ribble area, ALSTEAD and DONBAVAND/DUNBABIN etc. everywhere, HOWCROFT and MARSH in Bolton and Westhoughton, PICKERING in the Whitehaven area.

Census information is Crown Copyright. See www.nationalarchives.gov.uk for details.