Author Topic: Sarah Smith  (Read 18953 times)

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Re: Sarah Smith
« Reply #18 on: Friday 21 December 18 09:34 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

Are you sure that your ancestor is the Sarah SMITH convicted at the Old Bailey? 

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   

Offline sasarina

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 21 December 18 09:39 GMT (UK) »
Jm, No not sure, I am trying to create a timeline, and possibly eliminate 

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 21 December 18 09:49 GMT (UK) »
Well, Sarah who married George SMITH is clearly NOT the lass who was tried at the Old Bailey.    :)

Are you descended from George SMITH or from Thomas WEAVERS? 

JM

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 21 December 18 10:09 GMT (UK) »
I think a Thomas WEAVERS married a Sarah SMITH 19 Sept 1833
and
I think a Thomas George, son of a Thomas and Sarah WEAVERS was born 28 Oct 1833 and baptised C of E 12 January 1834 by Rev Richard HILL.  Thomas and Sarah were of Castlereagh St, Sydney. He a carter.

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:XTCT-4BH  marriage, look at the status

ADD  so you are looking at Sydney, September 1833 and earlier for a Mrs Sarah SMITH.   :) but as to when and where she was married to Mr Smith ? 

JM

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday 21 December 18 10:16 GMT (UK) »
 :)  agh ...
Are you looking for the Sarah WEAVERS who died Bathurst NSW, aged 92 in 1876 ... 

I am a tad Central West NSW centric ...  :)

JM

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Friday 21 December 18 10:32 GMT (UK) »
 :)

Someone has the death certificate for the Sarah WEAVERS who died 1876, Bathurst.  The informant was her son, a James SMITH, of Reedy Creek, Blayney.  He knew the info about both her marriages, and the children of those marriages.  :) ... She did NOT arrive 1814 on the Broxbornebury ...

https://australianroyalty.net.au/individual.php?pid=I17574&ged=purnellmccord.ged

JM

Offline sasarina

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Saturday 22 December 18 04:55 GMT (UK) »
I just wanted to apologize had to log off quick last night, storm approaching.

JM, 
I have that death cert. for Sarah Weavers, and that is what I am trying to match up.
If you check the dates and years in the colony, place of birth, it matches up with Sarah Smith who arrived on the Broxbornebury.
I have a copy of her TOL dated 1825, this also matches up, states birth Hertfordshire, ship Broxbornebury, name Sarah Smith arrival 1814.

I am the gg granddaughter of a Charles Lewis and Mary Anne Smith,  Mary Anne was the daughter of a Sarah Lake and William Smith, that's where it all gets so confusing?
A lot of people have Sarah Lake as the Sarah that married Thomas Weavers in 1833 after William died, but that can't be correct, Sarah Lake was convicted Devon assizes, and arrived 1808 on the Aeolus, I also spotted a document of convict deaths, Sarah Smith, Aeolus died Parramatta Hospital 1841.
My head goes into a spin every time I try to sort this out?
We have Sarah Blades, Sarah Smith, Broxbornebury, Sarah Lake, Aeolus.
I am trying to find out the Sarah that married Thomas Weavers, otherwise I can't establish a link to my gg grandmother Mary Ann Smith?
Hope this makes sense
Add
There is also an OBT for Sarah Weavers died 21/7/1876 Bathurst, widow of J Weavers Esq. beloved mother of the late Mrs W Mulhall Sen. 

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Saturday 22 December 18 06:03 GMT (UK) »
If you are sure your ancestor was Sarah LAKE, then you need to look for her,  ??? .....  the info on the d.c
 Re how long in the colony is never  first hand info

My turn this year for full house of visitors for festivities,  so I may be tardy in replies too.  I will look up some offline resources asap.

JM