Author Topic: An early and unexpected Xmas gift from the past.  (Read 897 times)

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: An early and unexpected Xmas gift from the past.
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 22 December 18 13:49 GMT (UK) »
The coin is of Queen Wilhelmina.
The House Of Orange Nassau
Her mother was Queen Emma.
There has not been a male child born to a Dutch monarch until quite recently.
Queen Wilhelmina was very popular.
The family were evacuated to Britain during WWII,as Germany had invaded Holland and the family might have been a bargaining point.
They are the richest Royal family but live a casual lifestyle ,bicyclingaround .
Viktoria.
She broadcast to the Dutch people throughout the occupation.
They never forgot that.
She died in 1962, born I think in the 1870s.
Viktoria.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline jess5athome

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dad,20/10/1934 - 27/07/2016
    • View Profile
Re: An early and unexpected Xmas gift from the past.
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 24 January 19 21:22 GMT (UK) »
Hi Victoria, sorry for the delay in my reply to your post, I have somehow missed it, thank you very much for that information, it is greatly appreciated  :)

Frank.
Ramsey Ridsdale Ridgway Kempen Knight Harrison Denby Sisson Graney Spilsbury Wain Hebden Abbott Skinn ........ Yorkshire (Doncaster Goole Snaith Thorne area)Lincolnshire Nottinghamshire The Netherlands

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.