Author Topic: An early and unexpected Xmas gift from the past.  (Read 1634 times)

Offline jess5athome

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dad,20/10/1934 - 27/07/2016
    • View Profile
An early and unexpected Xmas gift from the past.
« on: Friday 21 December 18 18:32 GMT (UK) »
So, an exciting and somewhat emotional day on the family history front..............................
Having found another photograph of my Great Grandmother Hendrina Kempen (nee Verheijin) I scanned it to my laptop and enlarged it for a good look................................

Sharp intake of breath  :o :o :o  and a dash upstairs, to look in a box of bits I have had for about a donkeys age.............. Speechless! dash back downstairs and a quick comparison, I haven't known what I've possessed until today.............................

My Great Grandma's pendant,  :o :o :o a Dutch coin turned into a piece of jewelry, I always knew it was a coin but had no idea who it belonged to................

I just had to share it ........................................

Frank......
Ramsey Ridsdale Ridgway Kempen Knight Harrison Denby Sisson Graney Spilsbury Wain Hebden Abbott Skinn ........ Yorkshire (Doncaster Goole Snaith Thorne area)Lincolnshire Nottinghamshire The Netherlands

Offline Romilly

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: An early and unexpected Xmas gift from the past.
« Reply #1 on: Friday 21 December 18 18:55 GMT (UK) »

Oh well done Frank!

I know how exciting such finds can be.

Romilly  ;D
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Researching:
Wilson, Warren, Dulston, Hooper, Duffin, Petty, Rees, Davies, Williams, Newman, Dyer, Hamilton, Edmeads, Pattenden.

Offline Finley 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • a digital one for now real one espere
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 21 December 18 19:18 GMT (UK) »
Wonderful discovery,   I was lucky enough to find a ring that was my .ggrans.. after seeing it on a pic.. it was in a box of my Pops.  bits and pieces..

xin

Offline janan

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 21 December 18 19:26 GMT (UK) »
Wow! How lovely for you Frank :D

Jan
ALL CENSUS DATA INCLUDED IN POSTINGS IS CROWN COPYRIGHT, FROM  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

bedfordshire - farr, carver,handley, godfrey, newell, bird, emmerton, underwood,ancell
buckinghamshire- pain
cambridgeshire- bird, carver
hertfordshire- conisbee, bean, saunders, quick,godfrey
derbyshire- allsop, noon
devon - griffin, love, rapsey
dorset- rendall, gale
somerset- rendall, churchill
surrey/middlesex - douglas, conisbee, childs, lyon groombridge

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 21 December 18 19:27 GMT (UK) »
Aw Frank...what a lovely surprise and, i'm so thrilled for you. What a lovely photo to own and to know she is  8) Great Christmas present  8)
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline jess5athome

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dad,20/10/1934 - 27/07/2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 21 December 18 19:32 GMT (UK) »
Hi all  :) thanks for the replies, it was a wonderful feeling, it actually took my breath when I realised what it was, the number of times I've rummaged through that box of bits and looked at it, not knowing what significance it held.

Frank.
Ramsey Ridsdale Ridgway Kempen Knight Harrison Denby Sisson Graney Spilsbury Wain Hebden Abbott Skinn ........ Yorkshire (Doncaster Goole Snaith Thorne area)Lincolnshire Nottinghamshire The Netherlands

Offline JenB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 22 December 18 11:46 GMT (UK) »
What a super find, well done. How lovely to make a discovery like that.

I still have the locket my grandmother is wearing in this photo taken in about 1914, https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=322934.msg2035707#msg2035707 and my daughter wore it at her wedding in 2009.
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 22 December 18 12:06 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for sharing this wonderful discovery Frank .. I am thrilled for you!!  And for this to happen at Christmas time will surely make this find even more special. :D
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 22 December 18 12:10 GMT (UK) »
Jen, that is a lovely photo of your Grandmother when young.  What lovely thick hair she has and pretty face.

You are so lucky not only to have the photo but the locket she is wearing too.  You must have felt so proud that your daughter was able to wear this at her wedding.   :)

I am always amazed at the skill of the people on here who can come up with different 'versions' of photos too.  :)
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner