Author Topic: DNAGedcom - cluster tool  (Read 505 times)

Offline squawki11

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: DNAGedcom - cluster tool
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 23 December 18 14:18 GMT (UK) »
It isn't particularly complicated. No more so than uploading raw data and using Gedmatch imo.

DNAGedcom has a number of uses. To see what is on offer you register/choose a password and read/absorb what is there as best you can. The "DNAGedcom Client" is uploaded to your PC and sits there waiting to be instructed. It will cost 5$/month or 50$/year. The "Client" facilitates the downloading of matches/segments/trees for you to use in whatever other application requires such data, e.g. GMP. Currently "Client" can access Ancestry, 23&me, FTDNA & MH. The "CLM3D#" uses the data already on your PC (as far as I can work out). It accesses the above sources by having you log in on your PC just as you would if you were directly accessing the source. Imo it does not require you to lodge your access details in the same way as Genetic Affairs. Due to the furore over GA, DNAGedcom Client may be more to your liking. It would be helpful for others to post their experiences and DNAGedcom has other features I have not explored but its "clusters" are no doubt similar to those produced by GA. In some ways "Client" parallels "Pedigree Thief"...

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline squawki11

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: DNAGedcom - cluster tool
« Reply #10 on: Monday 31 December 18 15:01 GMT (UK) »
New update from 30th December - works faster & has more choice of "sort".

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.