Author Topic: Morgan's of Leominster/Eardisland, Herefordshire  (Read 1006 times)

Offline HDeFer

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Morgan's of Leominster/Eardisland, Herefordshire
« on: Saturday 22 December 18 18:52 GMT (UK) »
Hi everyone!  I have been trying to connect my Morgan line to some of the more documented Morgan lines.  Oral history says we do connect to the Morgan's of Tredegar, but at this point the dots don't connect. 

Richard Morgan, born around 1743 (unsure of location) is as far back as we have been able to trace.  And I think one or two more generations back would be the connection to the other lines.  He was married in Leominster to wife Martha Bevan in 1785, and children were James, Henry, William, Richard, and Ann.  I am a descendant of his son Henry, born in 1792.  I have found some autosomal DNA connections to those with well traced Morgan lines, but we just haven't been able to connect. 

I see a possible link on ancestry to a William Morgan, born in 1725, but can't confirm that this is accurate.  Can anyone see if they can find the birth record for Richard?  No clue where he was born, but would love to learn more.  And/or does anyone have them in their tree?  Richard's descendants lived in Eardisland, Herefordshire for a long time, and then moved to Aberdare, Glamorgan, Wales to work in the coal mines in the late 1800's. 

Any other Morgan connections and resources would be welcome as well.  Thank you so much!