Author Topic: Looking for relatives of George Taylor1892-1952andEliz Cameron Davidson1890-1928  (Read 725 times)

Offline black dwarf

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Looking to trace any relatives of George Taylor, my grandfather, born 29 July 1892 Tarves, died 27 June 1952 Insch hospital, and his wife Elizabeth Ann Cameron Davidson born Mill of Wardes, Insch 10 Jan 1890, died 20 April 1928 ARI. Also my GG John Smith Taylor born 8 Jun 1869 Tarves, died 14 Mar 1940, Tillycairn, Tarves, and wife Elizabeth Hutcheon born 27 Mar 1871 Whitestripes, Kemnay, died 24 Sep 1953 Inverurie Hospital.
Also my GGG George Taylor, born c1831 Tarves/Oldmeldrum, died 8 Apr 1893 Barthol Chapel Tarves, and wife Margaret Davidson, born c1831 Methlick, died 19 May 1912 Aberdeen Asylum..any information welcome

Online dowdstree

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Mary Malcolm - 1860 to 1945 - My Great Granny
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for relatives of George Taylor1892-1952andEliz Cameron Davidson1890-1928
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 23 December 18 16:57 GMT (UK) »
Do you have the children of George & Elizabeth?

From a tree on Ancestry there are 3 who lived beyond childhood and had families.

John, Albert and George. Living children are shown as private to protect their identity.

Which one was your father?

If you are interested and not on Ancestry I may be able to contact the tree owner for you.

Hope this helps.

Dorrie
Small, County Antrim & Dundee
Dickson, County Down & Dundee
Madden, County Westmeath
Patrick, Fife
Easson, Fife
Leslie, Fife
Paterson, Fife

Offline black dwarf

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for relatives of George Taylor1892-1952andEliz Cameron Davidson1890-1928
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 23 December 18 19:18 GMT (UK) »
Hi, many thanks for the quick reply. however I suspect I am the tree owner on Ancestry....George was my father. However both his parents died before I was born and there are no family photos etc of them...my father and his younger brother were brought up by a series of other people, at one stage I think their granny, but we don't really know who else...I am in contact with the family of Albert ( John had no family ) however we are all in the same situation, looking for information, so hoping I might be able to track down other members of the extended family - descendants of George's brothers/sisters etc who might just have further information.....it's a bit of a long shot I know.

Online dowdstree

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 23 December 18 22:08 GMT (UK) »
Looks like it is your tree - oh well worth a try.

Good luck with your search you may be lucky and find a descendant of one of George's siblings.

Dorrie
Madden, County Westmeath
Patrick, Fife
Easson, Fife
Leslie, Fife
Paterson, Fife

Offline black dwarf

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 24 December 18 11:11 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Dorrie

Online dowdstree

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 24 December 18 14:44 GMT (UK) »
One way you could try but it will be a long laborious job and may need a trip to one of the Scottish Record Offices if possible or the purchase of a death certificate that is not viewable online is to trace his siblings and their descendants down to the present day. See who registered the death and their address and you may strike lucky.

A cousin and myself did this a number of years ago and have since been in touch with other family members.

Enjoy your Christmas and New Year

Dorrie
Madden, County Westmeath
Patrick, Fife
Easson, Fife
Leslie, Fife
Paterson, Fife

Offline black dwarf

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 24 December 18 19:49 GMT (UK) »
Hi Dorrie,

That's a good idea, he had 10 brothers and sisters so there's quite a bit of choice! I could maybe start with the ones closest in age and in the locality. Thanks again for your help and have a lovely Christmas.

Regards
Sandra