Author Topic: BROXHOLME parish - Bishops Transcripts  (Read 483 times)

Offline anniecat

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
BROXHOLME parish - Bishops Transcripts
« on: Sunday 23 December 18 14:21 GMT (UK) »
I wonder if anyone can help me please.  :)

The Broxholme parish registers for 1749 (as seen on line) are not readable, and I wondered whether Bishops Transcripts exist.  I should really appreciate knowing what the entries for that year are and also the last entry for 1748 (March 10 1748/9?) and the last word of the first entry for 1750 (buried or baptised?).

I am looking for entries of William Brown Hitchin(g) and his parents - who could be Joseph and Martha (Martha wife of Joseph Hitching of Branby  is I think buried on 18 May 1750 - though this has been transcribed as a baptism) or William and Ann.  An Ann Hitching widow married a Robert Tomlin on 7 August 1752 at Broxholme.  I am hoping therefore there could be a burial of William and/or a baptism of William Brown among the entries I cannot read. 

Anne Brown of Scampton married William Hitching of Swinethorp on 16 December 1745 and Martha Brown married Joseph Hitchings on 2 May 1747 both at Scampton.  I think William and Joseph may be brothers, sons of William and Elizabeth Hitching, and baptised at Wellingore in 1710/1 and 1713 respectively.  Joseph widower of Newark was buried at South Scarle on 11 December 1787.

Thank you very much.