Author Topic: My Heritage question - Managing more than one kit  (Read 1853 times)

Online Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
My Heritage question - Managing more than one kit
« on: Monday 24 December 18 11:18 GMT (UK) »
I wonder if anyone who knows their way around My Heritage would be kind enough to help me with an issue I am having with the site.

I have just uploaded my father's raw data from FTDNA to My Heritage, and am managing both his and my kits.

My problem is that I can't find out how to view his matches.

Under "DNA" is a pull down menu. If I select "manage DNA kits" I can see both of our details including kit numbers. Both say "results are ready".  However when I click on the three dots beside his name and select "view DNA results" I just see my own results not his. I was not given the option to have a different email address or password for his account, so if I log out of my account I cannot log into his, as he doesn't have one.

Where are his results hiding? Have I done something wrong? I realise that My Heritage are now charging to use the Chromosome Browser and some other features that used to be free up until a couple of weeks ago. Is this the problem? Can't I view anything on his account until I pay up?

I have looked in the help section which tells me that to view other accounts I need to "select another person" from the drop down menu. I have looked everywhere but cannot see "select another person" on any of the drop down menus.  :-\

My Heritage do not seem to have an option to contact them via email (my preferred method), only phone, and I do not want to ring them so close to Christmas, hence posting this question here.

Help please! :)

Thanks a lot.  :)

Offline sugarfizzle

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: My Heritage question - Managing more than one kit
« Reply #1 on: Monday 24 December 18 11:35 GMT (UK) »
I manage my husband's DNA at my heritage, but have done so for a while, not sure how the new changes would affect things.

On home page I get the option to

Manage DNA accounts
Choose his name
Presented exactly the same as my  matches are.

When did you upload? If within the last day or so, his results might not actually be ready.

Regards Margaret
STEER, mainly Surrey, Kent; PINNOCKS/HAINES, Gosport, Hants; BARKER, mainly Broadwater, Sussex; Gosport, Hampshire; LAVERSUCH, Micheldever, Hampshire; WESTALL, London, Reading, Berks; HYDE, Croydon, Surrey; BRIGDEN, Hadlow, Kent and London; TUTHILL/STEPHENS, London
WILKINSON, Leeds, Yorkshire and Liverpool; WILLIAMSON, Liverpool; BEARE, Yeovil, Somerset; ALLEN, Kent and London; GORST, Liverpool; HOYLE, mainly Leeds, Yorkshire

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.go

Online Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 24 December 18 11:58 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Margaret. At least I know I am looking in the right place.

I uploaded his raw data on December 19th, so that's five days ago. Under "status" it does say "results are ready".  :-\

My daughter uploaded her father's raw data about five days ago too and under "status" his still says "in progress - results expected in 1 to 2 days", so I presume mine are "ready" if it says they are "ready."

I was puzzled by the help section telling me to "select another person" from a drop down menu which doesn't seem to exist. (I've just spent ten minutes trying to find this again, but of course I can't ....  ::) )

Offline sugarfizzle

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 24 December 18 12:21 GMT (UK) »
Just looked again to confirm.

Even if I select my own matches, it gives me the option at the top of the page to 'Select another person'

Regards Margaret
STEER, mainly Surrey, Kent; PINNOCKS/HAINES, Gosport, Hants; BARKER, mainly Broadwater, Sussex; Gosport, Hampshire; LAVERSUCH, Micheldever, Hampshire; WESTALL, London, Reading, Berks; HYDE, Croydon, Surrey; BRIGDEN, Hadlow, Kent and London; TUTHILL/STEPHENS, London
WILKINSON, Leeds, Yorkshire and Liverpool; WILLIAMSON, Liverpool; BEARE, Yeovil, Somerset; ALLEN, Kent and London; GORST, Liverpool; HOYLE, mainly Leeds, Yorkshire

Online Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 24 December 18 12:33 GMT (UK) »
Can I ask what page you are on Margaret?

Whereabouts at the top of the page is "select another person"?

Thanks again.  :)

Online Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 24 December 18 12:51 GMT (UK) »
According to what I have read, since "the changes" you are still supposed to get DNA matches but have to may for the following ....

As I am in Australia it will cost me a one time payment of AU$39 to "unlock":

Ethnicity estimate

Chromosome Browser

Trees of DNA Matches

Shared DNA Matches

Shared ethnicities

Shared ancestral places

There's not much left that you get for "free" - apart from DNA Matches, and I don't know where mine are!   >:(

I do like My Heritage so although it grates a bit I am willing to pay to unlock what was free a couple of weeks ago, but not unless I can find these matches first ....

Offline sugarfizzle

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 24 December 18 13:01 GMT (UK) »
DNA matches
You currently have 500+ matches
View matches or Manage All kits

Whether I choose mine or my husband's, it has the name at the top, followed by 'Select another person'.

Regards Margaret :) :)

Offline sugarfizzle

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 24 December 18 13:04 GMT (UK) »
Ruskie, It looks like you have to pay to see matches as well then.

Pay for
Ethnicity estimate
Chromosome Browser
Trees of DNA Matches
Shared DNA Matches
Shared ethnicities
Shared ancestral places

Regards Margaret

Online Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 24 December 18 13:24 GMT (UK) »
I found this list (of what you still get for free) on the My Heritage Blog:

Receiving DNA Matches   Matches with other people who share DNA with you — your relatives through a common ancestor — in our huge database that is about twice the size of GEDmatch + Genesis combined.   
FREE

Exporting DNA Matches   Export a list of your DNA Matches.   
FREE

Contacting DNA Matches   Contact your DNA Matches for collaboration.   
FREE

Shared ancestral surnames    A list of Common ancestral surnames for every DNA Match.   
FREE

:-\