Author Topic: Victoria: John ANDERSON, born 1829, Middlesex  (Read 319 times)

Offline judb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Victoria: John ANDERSON, born 1829, Middlesex
« Reply #9 on: Friday 28 December 18 23:56 GMT (UK) »
I was trying to see if there was a John Anderson around Portland on the 1856 Victoria electoral roll but Ancestry electoral rolls seem to have a new display mode.  Last time I looked you would get people of the same name in date order but this time I was getting John Andersons with dates all over the place and well into the 20th century.  Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr  >:( >:( >:(

Judith
DYER - Wilts, London, Somerset, MIDLANE - Hants, Wilts, SONE - Hants, WRIGHT - London, Hants, SEAGER - Deptford, DWYER, FERGUSON - Victoria, MASON - Woodford Vic, BALLARD - South Wales, GOULDBY - Lowestoft
"Time present and time past are both perhaps present in time future..." T S Eliot

UK Census information Crown Copyrightt, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline BAC3

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Victoria: John ANDERSON, born 1829, Middlesex
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 29 December 18 11:20 GMT (UK) »
Hello Judith,

Given the number of John ANDERSON's (take a quick peek at RootsChat??) and finding him in Australia is probably a forlorn hope........a pity, given the quite extensive narrative I found for his life pre-transportation.   Ah well, the joys of genealogy :-\

Take care and my best wishes for 2019.

Tony

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.