Author Topic: dna results  (Read 2923 times)

Offline BushInn1746

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • My Family's Links 19th Cent
    • View Profile
Re: dna results
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 02 January 19 01:18 GMT (UK) »

... tree ... .  All are backed up with a lot of paper research.  My other research ...

Music to my ears ... paper research ... other research ...

I hope all of you don't have to wait too long for the DNA (gifts) results to appear!

We'll be off up North again looking at some new leads.

Let's hope for a fruitful year for all!

Mark

Offline lisalisa

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 02 January 19 09:41 GMT (UK) »

Well I ordered one on Cyber Monday which arrived the following Monday.  BUT I've only just got round to doing the sample tonight for posting tomorrow. ;)  That said, I thought I'd provided sufficient until the blue stabiliser was added and the amount dropped somewhat so I have a horrible feeling there will not be sufficient to test but we'll see.  :-X  I suffer from the problem of a dry mouth which isn't going to help providing a lot more spit. :(

I would say don't worry about the sample, we were in a similar situation.  My mom has a dry mouth and found it hard to get enough spit, so I did think there might be a problem, worried for a couple of days.  Anyway it was fine.  Mine was one where the stabiliser wasn't emptying out of the little vial, persevered at tightening the two, and it must've gone in ok.

Results were in after 1 month.

Lisa  :)

Offline smudwhisk

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Whiskey (1997-2018)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 02 January 19 12:42 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Lisa.  Will have to wait and see but hopefully it will be ok.  I found the stabiliser a bit difficult but it did in the end.  Posted this morning on way to work.  Suspect it'll be nearer the end of Feb due to all the Xmas sales.  Shall have to be patient.
(KENT) Lingwell, Rayment (BUCKS) Read, Hutchins (SRY) Costin, Westbrook (DOR) Gibbs, Goreing (DUR) Green (ESX) Rudland, Malden, Rouse, Boosey (FIFE) Foulis, Russell (NFK) Johnson, Farthing, Purdy, Barsham (GLOS) Collett, Morris, Freebury, May, Kirkman (HERTS) Winchester, Linford (NORTHANTS) Bird, Brimley, Chater, Wilford, Read, Chapman, Jeys, Marston, Lumley (WILTS) Arden, Whatley, Batson, Gleed, Greenhill (SOM) Coombs, Watkins (RUT) Stafford (BERKS) Sansom, Angel, Young, Stratton, Weeks, Day

Offline jillruss

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Poppy
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 02 January 19 12:56 GMT (UK) »
Lisa, You may not get many matches above 50 cMs, I have only got 12 above that level!!

Regards Margaret

I've just checked mine and have 18, some of which are recent additions.

50th is  32 cM
100th is 27.4cM
150th is 24.5cM

310 20cM or over

Gosh! I think my ancestors must have been a self-effacing lot! Or very shy!! Either way, they seem to have passed it on in their genes ;)

I only have 178 matches over 20cms.
Still only 7 above 50 cMs.

However, this was a good exercise for me to do - I put a little note against each one I've contacted and I have a few gaps - so I shall be sending out a few more emails this afternoon!! Oh, that they all reply.... :'(
HELP!!!

BATHSHEBA BOOTHROYD bn c. 1802 W. Yorks.

Baptism nowhere to be found. Possibly in a nonconformist church near ALMONDBURY or HUDDERSFIELD.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 02 January 19 13:24 GMT (UK) »
Most of my close matches (50cM or more) are from one of three of my lines*. In particular, my Stokes/Parish line where the 3xgreats had many children and their children had many children and so on. I've still not got much on my Parry line, my 2 main Jones lines, my Roberts line or my Ellis line  :'(

*  the 8 lines from my grt grandparents.
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***