Author Topic: Elizabeth Fountain b. abt.1757  (Read 1125 times)

Offline Tony Suter

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Elizabeth Fountain b. abt.1757
« on: Saturday 29 December 18 13:12 GMT (UK) »
I am working on my Family History on my Mother's side which is Fountain and trying to find out any information I can regarding Elizabeth Fountain b. abt. 1757.
I have tried to find her locally Wilberfoss, Pocklington, Yapham, Fangfoss, and Howden with no luck.
I have been to the Borthwick Institute at York and seen a record of her son Richard's Baptism  which read. Richard son of Elizabeth Fountain baptised this day 26th Feb. 1776 Yapham cum Meltonby.
It dosen't give any mention regarding Richard's Father which makes me think that she wasn't married, I might be wrong but in most records it shows the fathers name first.
I am trying to find both Elizabeth's birth and parents and also her husband's that's if she had one.
I have been doing searches on Ancestry and Family Search but have not had any success.
If anyone has any information or can point me in the right direction I would be most grateful.

Kind Regards

Tony Suter

Offline Bee

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Elizabeth Fountain b. abt.1757
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 29 December 18 14:02 GMT (UK) »
Hi Tony

As Familysearch gives the son, Richard'd baptism year as 1777, is the baptism of an Elizabeth Fountain 8th November 1761 daughter of Thomas at Coxwold, North Yorkshire a possibility,  or is it a little too far distant.

Bee
 :)
Dinsdale, Ellis, Gee, Goldsmith,Green,Hawks,Holmes,  Lacey, Longhorn, Pickersgill, Quantrill,Tuthill, Tuttle & Walker,  in E & W Yorks, Lincs, Norfolk & Suffolk. Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Tony Suter

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 29 December 18 15:29 GMT (UK) »
Hello Bee and thank you for you quick reply,
I had also seen the date that you mentioned on Family Search, I haven't crossed it off as yet but like you mentioned the distance may be too great abt. 50 miles?.
I'll continue my search and include surrounding towns such as Beverley.
Thank you again and if I get a result I will let you know.

Kind Regards

Tony

Offline gogogadgetlegs

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 12 January 19 13:43 GMT (UK) »
Hi Tony,
Found this baptism for Elizabeth Fountain 08 Nov 1761 Coxwold, North Riding Father Thomas although maybe to far away again.  Approx 5 miles from Easingwold.

Sorry Bee, i did not read the message properly, before realising you had replied already to this.
Gogogadgetlegs
Lincolnshire,   Andrew/s Jenkinson, 
Yorkshire,   Andrew/s, Watson, Norris, Simpson, Binnington, Willingham, Theakston, Kingdom, Brown, Fewson, Croforth, Boynton/Bointon, Jenkinson, Crawford/Croforth, Hessey, Harper, Mann, Worledge, Flatman.
Kent, Kingdom, Cosham,
Norfolk,   Worlidge, Flatman, Alden, West, Kett, Gathercole. Starkey
Suffolk,   Wallage, Worledge, Starkey
Nth Battleford, Canada, Worledge, Flatman
Devon, Kingdom, Sparkes Morrish, Rumley, Westcott, Pleace
o
Census Info Crown Copyrig

Offline Tony Suter

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 12 January 19 14:26 GMT (UK) »
Hi Gogogadgetlegs,
Thank you for your reply re-Elizabeth Fountain I had also seen that entry and so had Bee and thought I was in luck after a lot of searching but alas it wasn't a match. I thanked Bee for her help in finding the same record  but it just came to a dead end. Since I was last in contact with Bee I have found a record for Elizabeth Fountain who was born in York Yorkshire in 1740. She was one of Ten children and was baptised at All Saints Church Pavement York. Her Father was named Samuel who was a combmaker as was his Father who was also called Samuel. I have also checked with the parish records which shows them and their children as far back as 1688.
So thank you again for taking the time to search for me incidently if anyone wants any information regarding Sussex BMD 1500-1848 and would like me to look up for them please get in touch.

Regards Tony

Offline Claire Tessier

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 28 January 21 00:30 GMT (UK) »
Bonjour, Elisabeth Fountain (1755-1799)mariage Westchester, new-york
 Samuel Holmes (1744-1796) left new-york 1783 for novia scotia.