Author Topic: Ancestry Subscription  (Read 25730 times)

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Ancestry Subscription
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 30 December 18 22:38 GMT (UK) »
As i pay an annual subscription for FindMyPast i have been paying monthly for Ancestry (it is my only hobby and i use both every day), but at £19.99 a month that is really expensive compared to the offer. Must look into moving (though i would need to remember to untick the automatic renewal box).
CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 30 December 18 22:42 GMT (UK) »
As i pay an annual subscription for FindMyPast i have been paying monthly for Ancestry (it is my only hobby and i use both every day), but at £19.99 a month that is really expensive compared to the offer. Must look into moving (though i would need to remember to untick the automatic renewal box).

Now you know where to get a bargain.  ;)

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 30 December 18 23:10 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Sandra for this link.... my sub runs out at the end of January so I'm going to cancel it a week before hand then subscribe again using the link..... fingers crossed it works!

I just cancelled my sub to The Genealogist and got an email within a coup,e of days offering me three months free as I was an old customer!

Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 30 December 18 23:23 GMT (UK) »

I just cancelled my sub to The Genealogist and got an email within a coup,e of days offering me three months free as I was an old customer!

Caroline

I did the same, cancelled last year and got that offer this year. I took it up, without adding my credit card. I've just realised I've hardly used it though so won't be subscribing to it.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 30 December 18 23:29 GMT (UK) »

Now you know where to get a bargain.  ;)

Sandra

Indeed, thanks Sandra 😀
CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....

Offline smudwhisk

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Whiskey (1997-2018)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 30 December 18 23:45 GMT (UK) »
My premium sub expired at about 22:12 on Friday evening, re-subscribed through the link for Worldwide an hour and a bit later, could have done it earlier but was doing some stuff for work remotely. :)  Being back working again, treated myself to worldwide again. ;)

That said, I did purchase a DNA test from Black Friday, just got to get round to doing it ...
(KENT) Lingwell, Rayment (BUCKS) Read, Hutchins (SRY) Costin, Westbrook (DOR) Gibbs, Goreing (DUR) Green (ESX) Rudland, Malden, Rouse, Boosey (FIFE) Foulis, Russell (NFK) Johnson, Farthing, Purdy, Barsham (GLOS) Collett, Morris, Freebury, May, Kirkman (HERTS) Winchester, Linford (NORTHANTS) Bird, Brimley, Chater, Wilford, Read, Chapman, Jeys, Marston, Lumley (WILTS) Arden, Whatley, Batson, Gleed, Greenhill (SOM) Coombs, Watkins (RUT) Stafford (BERKS) Sansom, Angel, Young, Stratton, Weeks, Day

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 31 December 18 07:09 GMT (UK) »
Thanks smudwhisk, i was going to ask how long you had to leave it before re-subscribing. I assume everything saved properly (bit worried about losing things 🤔).

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 31 December 18 08:27 GMT (UK) »
You won't loose anything Deirdre. I've just cancelled my renewal with Ancestry and I'll still be able to see everything till my sub runs out on 26 Jan.
After that I'll be able to see all my tree but not the documents attached to them if they came from ancestrys site. Anything I've added from elsewhere I can see.
You'll still be able to look at documents that are free on the site too.

I'm going to take out a new sub using the link after the 26th.... keeping fingers crossed it'll work!
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 31 December 18 08:39 GMT (UK) »
Thanks smudwhisk, i was going to ask how long you had to leave it before re-subscribing. I assume everything saved properly (bit worried about losing things 🤔).

Once your monthly sub has run out, you should be able to subscribe on that new fabulous deal without losing anything.  Things should be the same as they were.

https://www.ancestry.co.uk/cs/offers/subscribe?dna=crossAct

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Uo0JAUWijM

Sandra  ;D
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada