Author Topic: Ancestry Subscription  (Read 25665 times)

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
Re: Ancestry Subscription
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday 02 January 19 21:41 GMT (UK) »

Which site are we talking about ?

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday 02 January 19 22:11 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Sandra and groom, i’ll pass on the message, but one had cancelled a few months ago but was interested because of the offer, but was only offered monthly or 6 months, and not huge savings.

Did they go through the link - it doesn't work if you call and ask?
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday 02 January 19 22:15 GMT (UK) »

Which site are we talking about ?

Sandra

It’s a family history group on Facebook. The same link was posted. One has been sorted, a rolling monthly sub (like mine is) hasn’t yet run out so he’ll try again later in the month. Not heard back from the one who cancelled a while back.
CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday 02 January 19 22:17 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Sandra and groom, i’ll pass on the message, but one had cancelled a few months ago but was interested because of the offer, but was only offered monthly or 6 months, and not huge savings.

Did they go through the link - it doesn't work if you call and ask?

Nothing further on this at the moment.
CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....

Offline smudwhisk

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Whiskey (1997-2018)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday 02 January 19 23:36 GMT (UK) »

Noone has come back on here to say it was unsuccessful - smudwick was the last with feedback and it had worked on the 22 December  :-\

Sandra

Worked late on 28th. :D  Hasn't it been known to drop off for a few days in the past and then start working again?
(KENT) Lingwell, Rayment (BUCKS) Read, Hutchins (SRY) Costin, Westbrook (DOR) Gibbs, Goreing (DUR) Green (ESX) Rudland, Malden, Rouse, Boosey (FIFE) Foulis, Russell (NFK) Johnson, Farthing, Purdy, Barsham (GLOS) Collett, Morris, Freebury, May, Kirkman (HERTS) Winchester, Linford (NORTHANTS) Bird, Brimley, Chater, Wilford, Read, Chapman, Jeys, Marston, Lumley (WILTS) Arden, Whatley, Batson, Gleed, Greenhill (SOM) Coombs, Watkins (RUT) Stafford (BERKS) Sansom, Angel, Young, Stratton, Weeks, Day

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday 02 January 19 23:39 GMT (UK) »

Noone has come back on here to say it was unsuccessful - smudwick was the last with feedback and it had worked on the 22 December  :-\

Sandra

Worked late on 28th. :D  Hasn't it been known to drop off for a few days in the past and then start working again?

Hope so..............I think I remember you and I have had many conversations in the past on subs...........

Happy New Year 2019 to you and yours.
Regards
Sandra  ;D
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline sarra

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Thursday 03 January 19 02:59 GMT (UK) »
I think this was the one I took up back in May 2018.

I usually cancel then wait until I find a good offer.  The problem I have with this is that I have to use a different email address and a user name. With the result I have so many different email addresses and usernames. :) Although I use the same credit card.

If I try and use the same username it says it is not available.

This offer was great because it was half the price of an OZ subscription.

Sarra

Offline smudwhisk

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Whiskey (1997-2018)
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Thursday 03 January 19 20:07 GMT (UK) »
Hope so..............I think I remember you and I have had many conversations in the past on subs...........

Happy New Year 2019 to you and yours.
Regards
Sandra  ;D

And to you Sandra.  Yes we've had discussions over the years on subs .... much better when you can get it half price. ;)
(KENT) Lingwell, Rayment (BUCKS) Read, Hutchins (SRY) Costin, Westbrook (DOR) Gibbs, Goreing (DUR) Green (ESX) Rudland, Malden, Rouse, Boosey (FIFE) Foulis, Russell (NFK) Johnson, Farthing, Purdy, Barsham (GLOS) Collett, Morris, Freebury, May, Kirkman (HERTS) Winchester, Linford (NORTHANTS) Bird, Brimley, Chater, Wilford, Read, Chapman, Jeys, Marston, Lumley (WILTS) Arden, Whatley, Batson, Gleed, Greenhill (SOM) Coombs, Watkins (RUT) Stafford (BERKS) Sansom, Angel, Young, Stratton, Weeks, Day

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Friday 29 November 19 19:07 GMT (UK) »
Will be raising my glass to Sandra (again) at dinner soon.

My sub from last year expired today, stopped working about 10 mins ago.

Click click click - now back on Worldwide Membership and my credit card isn't crying :-)

Boo