Author Topic: Is this “James Ley”?  (Read 196 times)

Offline Davedrave

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Is this “James Ley”?
« on: Monday 31 December 18 16:30 GMT (UK) »
I would appreciate an opinion on the name next to the date of Jan 19. I think it may read “James Ley” but if so, the loop on the “y” present in the name further up in this extract, is missing.

Thanks,

Dave :)

(Market Bosworth parish register, Record Office for Leics., Leicester and Rutland)

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Online Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Is this “James Ley”?
« Reply #1 on: Monday 31 December 18 16:50 GMT (UK) »
I agree that it's James Ley.  The y is the same as the one in July but is smudged/overwritten by the letter beneath.

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Davedrave

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Is this “James Ley”?
« Reply #2 on: Monday 31 December 18 17:20 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Gadget. Strangely enough Findmypast seem to have missed this burial entry and I had missed it in the past when I photographed the entry for Willm in the record office.

Dave :)