Author Topic: Emma Barker ... Help...  (Read 394 times)

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Emma Barker ... Help...
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 01 January 19 20:09 GMT (UK) »
Hi Carol - on the marriage cert James is down as a Foreman, as was his father John.
Martha i believe went on to marry a Mr Ahhplant. James Milson married a Fanny Weller and ended up in Wales, however i can't find him in 1891 either!

It's after 1881 that i struggleto trace either James or Emma.

Many thanks,

Is this a mistake? Jamesí father is David, isnít he?
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 01 January 19 23:30 GMT (UK) »
Hi Heywood

The 1874 marriage between James & Emma is on FS and does indeed show his father as David.  It was Emmaís father who was John.  Well spotted :)

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Emily_84

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 02 January 19 14:14 GMT (UK) »
Have you got son James in 1891?

This looks like him transcribed as Thomas M N Jones on one site but reads as James M H

1891 4474/124/38
2 Washington Street Llangyfelach, Glamorgan

He is 12 yrs old b Tipton and nephew in the household of Edward and Eliza Jones. He is a Shop Assistant.

Hi Heywood, no i hadn't spotted that - There was an uncle Edward in the right age range, although he previously claimed to be born in Breaden heath - not Tipton as the one above states, but again, I guess you can take birthplaces with a pinch of salt - particularly when he was still fairly young.

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 02 January 19 14:20 GMT (UK) »
I think Edwardís birthplace varies. :)

I havenít looked back today but when you were posting re Henry Fellows, I meant to post that Mrs Fellows was a Barker before marriage.

Offline Emily_84

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 02 January 19 14:50 GMT (UK) »
I think Edwardís birthplace varies. :)

I havenít looked back today but when you were posting re Henry Fellows, I meant to post that Mrs Fellows was a Barker before marriage.

I don't blame him - not sure i'd admit to being born in Tipton either! ( i can say that, i'm only down the road!)

Hmmm, are talking the 'real' Henry Fellows? ie the one married to mary jane on the page before? There is a Mary Jane Barker who marries a Henry fellows in the right time frame, over in Stourbridge - bit of a treck from Tipton, but Henry states he's from Birmingham which isn't a million miles away, and Emma barker (Jones) did have a sister called Mary ann... hmm.... :)