Author Topic: Heath's of Birmingham, early 19th C  (Read 621 times)

Offline gr_oxy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Heath's of Birmingham, early 19th C
« on: Tuesday 01 January 19 10:18 GMT (UK) »
Hello from Australia, I am descended from William Heath b 1813 Birmingham, (transported to NSW 1834) I am trying to find his English family. His DC records Samuel and Mary as his parents. One of my cousins has sent me a family tree for Samuel and Mary Heath m 1809 Edgbaston, and their children Joseph b 1810, Samuel b 1814, William b 1813, Charlotte b 1819, Charles b 1822 and Phebe b 1825. All baptised St Phillips Birmingham. It could be our Heath's, has any one had any luck with this line by blood lineage or DNA ? Thanks for your help, Robin

Offline ColC

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Heath's of Birmingham, early 19th C
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 01 January 19 11:58 GMT (UK) »
William Heaths baptism on 24 January 1814 states he was born 14 June 1813 parents Samuel  a Gun Finisher & Mary, abode Lancaster St. Birmingham.

Another William Heath was born in 1815 parents William & Sarah, he seems to have remained in the Birmingham area.

William Heath alias [William Green]
17 is the age of the next person on list Williams stated age was 22?
Born about 1814
14 Jun 1831
Ship Cumberland
Moored at Chatham
Convicted 11 Mar 1831
Convicted: at Stafford (House Breaking)

Colin
Clarke, Trickett, Orton, Lawless, Norton, Detheridge, Kirby, Goodfellow, Wagstaff, Lowe, etc.

Offline ColC

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 01 January 19 12:21 GMT (UK) »

Samuel Heath       24 Jul 1809   Edgbaston, St Bartholomew   Mary Chambers

Children as you state, abodes from Baptisms (Samuel, Charlotte & Charles all baptised together)
1823 New John St. Birmingham, still there in 1825 Samuel senior still a Gunfinisher.

In 1841 Mary, not born in the County, is with her son Samuel, his wife and family and two of her other children. Samuel senior not present.

1841 – Aston St   Age
Samuel Heath    25
Ann Heath    20
Emma Heath    5
Samuel Heath    2
William Heath    6 Mo
Mary Heath    55
Charles Heath    15
Phoebe Heath    15

Samuel Heath   burial age 36 (1791)   19 Oct 1827   Birmingham, St Mary abode New John St.

Colin
Clarke, Trickett, Orton, Lawless, Norton, Detheridge, Kirby, Goodfellow, Wagstaff, Lowe, etc.

Offline gr_oxy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 02 January 19 09:10 GMT (UK) »
Dear Col C,
Thanks for finding a little more about these Heath's, I'm still not sure if they are 'my' Heath's yet. I hope to one day make a connection to a descendant to see if there is a genetic link.

My William the convict was tried at 1 Aug 1833 Warwick Assizes, no former convictions recorded, convicted of stealing cloth. Sentenced to 7 years transportation

28 Aug 1833 At Woolwich, aboard the hulk Justitia, awaiting transportation, departed England 7 Mar 1834 with 300 other convicts aboard the Susan.

9 Jul 1834 Arrived at Sydney Cove, aboard the Susan. Recorded as single, can read, a Protestant, a gun finisher, sallow and freckled, 5'3", brown hair and hazel eyes.
Distinguishing marks: small mole right side of neck, anchor in blue ink and four red dots on lower left arm, blue ring on middle finger of left hand, man and woman inside right arm
(New South Wales, Australia, Convict Indents, 1788-1842)

Cheers and Happy New Year from down under :), Robin