Author Topic: Lilias Dalglish Lamond bc 1851  (Read 8418 times)

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
Re: Lilias Dalglish Lamond bc 1851
« Reply #45 on: Tuesday 01 January 19 21:29 GMT (UK) »
Found a snippet under Births - which leads me to believe Lillias was born 27 May 1851........

Glasgow Sentinel  - Saturday 31 st May 1851 (the death of Catherine her mother followed on 13 June 1851 - as per reply 13)

*tndia Street, on the 27th instant,’Mrs. Lamond 

Sandra

https://www.britishnewspaperarchive.co.uk/search/results/1851-01-01/1851-12-31?basicsearch=lamond&somesearch=lamond&retrievecountrycounts=false&page=1
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Tuesday 01 January 19 21:30 GMT (UK) »
Looks interesting Sandra - does it say anything else?
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Tuesday 01 January 19 21:34 GMT (UK) »

Found a snippet under Births - which leads me to believe Lillias was born 27 May 1851........

Glasgow Sentinel  - Saturday 31 st May 1851 (the death of Catherine her mother followed on 13 June 1851 - as per reply 13)

Sandra

the next line says a daughter  :)
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Tuesday 01 January 19 21:36 GMT (UK) »
It's also announced in the Greenock Advertiser 30 May 1851

Same wording.

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Tuesday 01 January 19 21:42 GMT (UK) »

Sandra

the next line says a daughter  :)

This is the whole thing - and this one doesn't say daughter !!!!!!

BIRTHS

... Tliom« mstant, Mr. J.nw. WilM; * Portland Street, on the 271h iustant, Mrs. H. C, ’lB.*tndia Street, on the 27th instant,’Mrs. Lamond ; 407. St Vincent Street, on the 26th instant, the wife of the Rev. Ur. M Gilrray; a son. . Lily Bank, Johnstone, the 24th ...

Published: Saturday 31 May 1851
Newspaper: Glasgow Sentinel
County: Lanarkshire, Scotland
Type: Article | Words: 128 | Page: 3 | Tags: none

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Tuesday 01 January 19 21:44 GMT (UK) »
The above married Peter Berrie Henderson 1 Sep 1874 Helensburgh, ( her parents recorded as Robert Lamond deceased Writer and Catherine Mathie deceased) and appears to have passed away Q2 1875 in Edmonton, Middlesex, as did Peter on 13 Jul 1875.
At 1861 Lilias was living at Stewarts Green, Row, Dunbartonshire birth recorded as at Glasgow with another ? sister Jemima b 1850 and her aunt Catherine Lamond aged 51 b Glasgow. They also appear on the 1871 census at 18, West King Street, Row, Helensburgh. Still gives her birth as Glasgow but as she married in Helensburgh, was she born there?
However I'm unable to find a birth for her on SP which gives no records for her at all?
Cr

At last John - many hours later we have finally got the birth date of Lillias 27th May 1851 which was the original request. Perseverance paid off.  Hope that some of the other info fills a time line for you.  ;D

Sandra

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Tuesday 01 January 19 21:46 GMT (UK) »
It's on the line below. I could send you the snip if you'd like. Can't put it up here as image may be  Copyright

Where are you finding it?

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Tuesday 01 January 19 22:05 GMT (UK) »

No thanks you can have the last word. I'm all done on this one

Sandra

Offline Cockneyrebel

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Wednesday 02 January 19 09:55 GMT (UK) »
Thank you very much Sandra and Gadget especially as at long last an actual dob for Lilias. Hope you've put down your boxing gloves now?
Cr
Rosser, Henderson, Chapman, Clarkson, Harper, Healey, Horth, Page, Bowers, Ritchie, Sheen, Smith and Weymark.