Author Topic: Philip SCHOLLICK Kendal/Askham  (Read 1383 times)

Offline Ayashi

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • William Wood, who was your mother??
    • View Profile
Philip SCHOLLICK Kendal/Askham
« on: Tuesday 01 January 19 19:28 GMT (UK) »
I've been having a casual poke at the SCHOLLICK (and variant spellings) family on behalf of someone else. I've found a fair amount for her but there's one thing that is frustrating me- one man who is not born and does not die. I've about come to the conclusion of "alien abduction" but thought I'd see if another set of eyes is able to navigate the twisty turns of family history and see what I've missed.

Philip SCHOLLICK (also SCHOLICK, SCOLICK, SKOLICK etc) interchangably a farmer and a weaver (children's christenings).
Date and place of birth unknown.
Married Hannah WALKER 1778-1857 - she was a Quaker who converted and was christened two days before the marriage in 1796, Kendal. I don't know her parents anything either.
The last child that I can see was Mary 1812 (previous child that I can find Thomas c.1806) christened Askham.

There is an article in the UK City and County Directory in 1829 (image available on Ancestry) for a Philip SCHOLICK, which simply lists him as a farmer of Askham with no other specifics.

Hannah appears without him in 1841 and is a widow on 1851.

As an aside, there is a tree that gives their daughter Sarah GRAVESON a date of death/burial of 17 Jul 1833 (Kendal?) but no source and I can't see it, so if anyone has any eagle eyes on that one I'd be grateful for the confirmation.

Any help appreciated.

Regards
Ayashi

Online *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
Re: Philip SCHOLLICK Kendal/Askham
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 01 January 19 19:37 GMT (UK) »

England, Select Marriages, 1538–1973 show Sarah Schollick married James Graveson 8 November 1821 - Kendal, Westmoreland.

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Online *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 01 January 19 19:39 GMT (UK) »

Anc tree gives no further information on parents of Sarah. Shows 8 children.

James Graveson 1795–1852
born May1795 - Cartmelfell England passed away  27 June 1852

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline Ayashi

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • William Wood, who was your mother??
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 01 January 19 19:43 GMT (UK) »
Thank you, I know about Sarah. The person I'm researching for is descended from Sarah's illegitimate daughter Hannah. It's Sarah's death record that I couldn't see- I've asked the tree owner who posted it to confirm the source.

Philip is the main focus of the post. She's keen to know more information about him but as yet, aside from his marriage and occupation, I haven't got much to give her.

Online *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 01 January 19 19:43 GMT (UK) »
Parents of John Graveson - John Graveson 1756–1830
born 1756 - Ludderburn, Cartmelfell, England - passed away  1830
source given- 30 Dec 1829 - Winster, Kendal, Westmoreland, England or an alternative 30 Dec 1829 - Winster, Derbyshire.
Ruth Phillipson - 1759–1828
born 24 June 1759 - Kendal, Westmorland, England passed away 11 January 1828 - Winster, Derbyshire,. Burial -  11 Jan 1828 -  Winster, Kendal, Westmoreland, England
10 children.

Sandra