Author Topic: Finding POLICE GAZETTES on Archway - Archives New Zealand  (Read 1341 times)

Offline minniehaha

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • "To live in hearts we leave behind, Is not to die"
    • View Profile
Finding POLICE GAZETTES on Archway - Archives New Zealand
« on: Wednesday 02 January 19 07:23 GMT (UK) »
I know there have been couple of topics about this subject on Rootschat but I don't think the following has been covered, which I have obtained from 'The New Zealand Genealogist', Vol 49 No. 369, February 2018 edition.

"There are a few tricks to finding the Police Gazettes online. Unlike practically all other Archives New Zealand holdings where there is a single unique record, we hold multiple volumes of the same Police Gazettes. Most are in Wellington but there are smaller collections in our Dunedin, Christchurch and Auckland offices as well. It can make the digitised volumes hard to find.

There's an easy way of doing it if you don't want to scroll through multiple pages on Archway looking for "the record online available" hyperlink.

For the period 1861 to 1877 choose the Advanced Search and then record search options, then insert the years you are interested in and put P12 in the former arch ref field.

For anytime between 1878 and 1945 choose the Advanced Search followed by the record search options then insert the years as above. Then put AAAJ in the agency field and W5609 in the accession field.

Currently the 1946 and 1947 gazettes have not been digitised and all published after that are still restricted."

[Part of an article written by Trish McCormack, Archives New Zealand.]

Minniehaha.
HAMMOND, Cainham/Caynham, Shropshire, U.K. Otago-NZ.
GALBRAITH, Ireland, Dunedin, Otago-NZ., Kensington-London, U.K.
GRANT, Sct., Dunedin, Otago-NZ., Vancouver, Canada.
GLASS, Aberdeenshire, Otago-NZ.
CAIRNEY/CARNEY/KEARNEY/Ireland, Airdrie, Scotland, Otago-NZ.
O'BRIEN Mary Ann, Limerick, Otago-NZ.
NICOL(L) James, Scotland, Otago-NZ.
SCOTT Thomas, Shetland, Otago-NZ.
MCHARDY/MCHARDIE Euphemia, Scotland, Otago-NZ.