Author Topic: Amazon Echo  (Read 243 times)

Offline Kimbrey

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Amazon Echo
« on: Thursday 03 January 19 09:34 GMT (UK) »
Advice sought!

I am hoping someone is familiar with this piece of technology!

I gave my son one for Christmas and he is unable to download the App,neither of us is very technically literate :-[.

He gave me his Tablet just before Christmas (which is up and running for me) and his attempts to download the Echo App keep "defaulting" to the tablet.

He has a Google e-mail address but does not have his own Amazon Account,I think he needs to open one before he can download the App,before I try to convince him-am I right?? :-\

Kim

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline mike175

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Amazon Echo
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 03 January 19 09:45 GMT (UK) »
I'm certainly not familiar with the technology but I'm pretty sure you need an Amazon account to use it, or access to someone else's account  ;)

Mike.
Baskervill - Devon, Foss - Hants, Gentry - Essex, Metherell - Devon, Partridge - Essex/London, Press - Norfolk/London, Stone - Surrey/Sussex, Stuttle - Essex/London, Wheate - Middlesex/Essex/Coventry/Oxfordshire/Staffs, Gibson - Essex, Wyatt - Essex/Kent

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • My Scottish GGGrandmother-Grace Jardine - Morrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 03 January 19 10:33 GMT (UK) »
Yes, heíll need an Amazon account:

https://au.pcmag.com/how-to/45544/how-to-set-up-an-amazon-echo

Is there a reason why he canít have an Amazon account?

Jamjar
Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 03 January 19 10:41 GMT (UK) »
Do you have an Amazon account? If yes, you could use your account to download the app for him.

Jamjar
Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline Kimbrey

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 03 January 19 11:46 GMT (UK) »
Thank you so much for your replies.

Jamjar

There is no reason he cannot open an account with Amazon ,he has not wanted one before

I think if I used my account it would download to my device and he wants it on his laptop?

Kim

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 03 January 19 12:52 GMT (UK) »
No you can download to any device. The app isnít device specific, only account specific. For example, I have Alexa App on iPad, iPhone and Galaxy Tab A.

Jamjar