Author Topic: Amazon Echo  (Read 1067 times)

Offline Kimbrey

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Amazon Echo
« on: Thursday 03 January 19 09:34 GMT (UK) »
Advice sought!

I am hoping someone is familiar with this piece of technology!

I gave my son one for Christmas and he is unable to download the App,neither of us is very technically literate :-[.

He gave me his Tablet just before Christmas (which is up and running for me) and his attempts to download the Echo App keep "defaulting" to the tablet.

He has a Google e-mail address but does not have his own Amazon Account,I think he needs to open one before he can download the App,before I try to convince him-am I right?? :-\

Kim

Offline mike175

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Amazon Echo
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 03 January 19 09:45 GMT (UK) »
I'm certainly not familiar with the technology but I'm pretty sure you need an Amazon account to use it, or access to someone else's account  ;)

Mike.
Baskervill - Devon, Foss - Hants, Gentry - Essex, Metherell - Devon, Partridge - Essex/London, Press - Norfolk/London, Stone - Surrey/Sussex, Stuttle - Essex/London, Wheate - Middlesex/Essex/Coventry/Oxfordshire/Staffs, Gibson - Essex, Wyatt - Essex/Kent

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scottish GGGrandmother-Grace MORRISON née JARDINE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 03 January 19 10:33 GMT (UK) »
Yes, he’ll need an Amazon account:

https://au.pcmag.com/how-to/45544/how-to-set-up-an-amazon-echo

Is there a reason why he can’t have an Amazon account?

Jamjar
Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 03 January 19 10:41 GMT (UK) »
Do you have an Amazon account? If yes, you could use your account to download the app for him.

Jamjar
Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline Kimbrey

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 03 January 19 11:46 GMT (UK) »
Thank you so much for your replies.

Jamjar

There is no reason he cannot open an account with Amazon ,he has not wanted one before

I think if I used my account it would download to my device and he wants it on his laptop?

Kim

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 03 January 19 12:52 GMT (UK) »
No you can download to any device. The app isn’t device specific, only account specific. For example, I have Alexa App on iPad, iPhone and Galaxy Tab A.

Jamjar