Author Topic: Help to read handwriting documents (Feu charter & Sasine)  (Read 658 times)

Offline SANTUDM

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Help to read handwriting documents (Feu charter & Sasine)
« on: Thursday 03 January 19 15:14 GMT (UK) »
Hi everyone! I’m from Buenos Aires, Argentina. I found at 'Scottish Notes and Queries' (1925) a note by Robert Murdoch Lawrance, F.S.A. Scot (who was a well-known genealogist and historian of Aberdeen) with the following: “A relative of mine, George Murdoch, Wood Merchant at Mossat Sawmill, received from Harry Leith Lumsden of Auchindoir a Feu Charter of two pieces of ground in Lumsden Village, of date 29th July, 1830. He conveyed one of the properties to Miss Margaret Alexander, sometime residing at Waulkmill of Auchindoir, and afterwards redising in Leith-Lumsden Village. In the Disposition in Miss Alexander’s favour, George Murdoch (born at Moors of Clova, baptised 30th October, 1784) is described as Feuar, Leith-Lumsden Village, and Wood Merchant at Sawmill of Invermossat. The Disposition is dated 29th June and 26th July, 1838”.
The George Murdoch baptised 30th October, 1784 at Clova referred to above, was possibly my ancestor Adam Murdoch’s elder brother.
I have the copy of the Feu charter from Lumsden of Auchindoir to George Murdoch, and of the Sasine granted by the last one mentioned to Margaret Alexander.
Unfortunately, I have not been able to read that, the handwriting so unintelligible to me have been in an obstacle in that mission.
Could someone please help me transcribe the important or prominent things in these documents? I’ll be very grateful!
For some reason the website does not let me upload the files.

Offline goldie61

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Help to read handwriting documents (Feu charter & Sasine)
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 03 January 19 22:37 GMT (UK) »
See this post and others following it which now have images of the sasines etc
https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=805957.0;topicseen
Lane, Burgess: Cheshire. Finney, Rogers, Gilman:Derbys
Cochran, Nicol, Paton, Bruce:Scotland. Bertolle:London
Bainbridge, Christman, Jeffs: Staffs