Author Topic: Help needed finding marriage or birth records for Amy Ann Sullivan and George He  (Read 2445 times)

Offline Katsy8

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Am trying to find any records related to Amy Ann Sullivan born about 1889 in NSW her sons birth cert Royal george Edwards in 1909 in wodonga gives her place of birth as Razor Back Hill Camden aged 20 . She died in Windsor melb 24/12/1948 parents unknown

Her husband George Henry Edwards born abt 1880 on death cert says born in Tamworth parents unknown. Death in Fitzroy melb 1949.
They were estranged prior to their deaths.

I’ve been unable to find birth records or a marriage certificate for either of them.

Any leads would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Dundee

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Help needed finding marriage or birth records for Amy Ann Sullivan and George He
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 05 January 19 22:24 GMT (UK) »
What is recorded on the birth certificate for a marriage date and place?  Who was the informant on Amy's death cert?

Debra  :D

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Re: Help needed finding marriage or birth records for Amy Ann Sullivan and George He
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 05 January 19 22:55 GMT (UK) »
I cannot find any birth registrations for anyone with the surname SULLIVAN at Camden 1870-1900 listed at NSW BDM online index...

https://www.bdm.nsw.gov.au/Pages/family-history-research/family-history-research-nsw.aspx

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline Katsy8

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 05 January 19 23:05 GMT (UK) »
On death cert it just has authorised agent: a signature I cant decipher
Also says she was born in Crookwell NSW
Marriage date and place was Sydney 13th June 1908

Offline Katsy8

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 05 January 19 23:10 GMT (UK) »
I did find a Daniel Westrope O Sullivan who had a child around the time of her birth in Wodonga ?
The child was unnamed. Amy’s two children Royal and Catherine ada Edwards were both born in Wodonga . Amy was also known as Ada.

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 06 January 19 00:17 GMT (UK) »
What was recorded as George Henry's occupation on the 1909 birth certificate?

Do you have the 1911 birth certificate and if so, does it have the same date for the parents' marriage?

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 06 January 19 01:07 GMT (UK) »
Unfortunately not everyone was honest with their details.  Many state a place of birth when in fact it is the place where they were raised.

I have search the NSW marriage just using EDWARDS and 30 Jun 1908 with no result.  It would appear they didn't marry on that date in Sydney.

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 06 January 19 01:16 GMT (UK) »
I did find a Daniel Westrope O Sullivan who had a child around the time of her birth in Wodonga ?
The child was unnamed. Amy’s two children Royal and Catherine ada Edwards were both born in Wodonga . Amy was also known as Ada.

All her electoral roll listings from 1913 are in the name of Amy Ann EDWARDS.

Offline Katsy8

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 06 January 19 01:16 GMT (UK) »
It just has him as labourer
Address : Railway coffee Palace Elgin st Wodonga.
Apparently the family whisper was she was disowned by family for running off with George.
I don’t have Catherine ADAs birth cert 1911 index says mothers maiden name Sullivan.
I found a marriage for a George Edwards to an ADa Robertson in Sydney in 1906 ,apparently Amy was known as Ada