Author Topic: How can I be a match to a person then not?  (Read 1088 times)

Offline strictlysnoopy

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: How can I be a match to a person then not?
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 06 January 19 15:08 GMT (UK) »
Not explaining myself fully, sorry.

My first DNA match/result was a second cousin who I  had no knowledge about never heard the surname in the family.  Unfortunately they have not uploaded their results to a tree so there is nothing to compare with my tree.
 Also they have not signed in for more than six months so cannot see how a Message would be answered.
     Clicked on their ancestry profile for some other information about them I.e. Age  etc just to have some place to start researching, as I said long shot I know.   On their page it says this person is not a DNA match to me.
      That was how I tried my other cousin knowing he is solid the same message appeared As Lily posted perhaps the DNA results are still being uploaded, hope so

Thanks anyway for your posts, always appreciated will read the article  :)

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 06 January 19 15:17 GMT (UK) »
If he's on your list of matches, clicking on his profile should show that he's a link even though your test is recent.

Did you access his profile from the Matches listing or just by Search Member?  If by Search Member, you might got the wrong one. I just done a search member on one of my matches and 3 names came up. Only one of them matched. The others were different people or didn't have the DNA test associated with that membership.

Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline strictlysnoopy

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 06 January 19 15:37 GMT (UK) »
We'll knock me down with a feather :D :D.  Clicked on his membership name and there it is a match.  Exactly as I had done before.

Gremlins about today ;D

Once again thank you Happy New Year to all

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 06 January 19 17:03 GMT (UK) »
Glad you finally got the match. You could send him a message if he doesn't have a tree  :)

HNY to you - may you have many matches.
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***