Author Topic: Aldringham cum Thorpe Baptismal Parish Register - Pade  (Read 136 times)

Offline Mercian7

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Aldringham cum Thorpe Baptismal Parish Register - Pade
« on: Sunday 06 January 19 13:23 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Could anyone check an entry in Aldringham cum Thorpe's Baptismal Registers for 1770 please?

I looked at the microfiche for this register around 2005 when I was still living in England. However I think I may have made a transcription error for one child. I recorded:

10th June 1770 Francis Pade son of Jeams & Mary Pade. However because of a later burial record at Aldringham for a Fanny Pede suggests that the baptism record is actually Frances rather than Francis. The surname at this period has a myrad of variants in Suffolk. I checked the Suffolk Family History Disc for the period/Deanery of the baptism and, quite unusually, no sex is recorded in their transcript index. I now live in Portugal which makes it a tad difficult to check this one baptismal entry again.

If anyone could have a look I would be very grateful. I wonder if the microfiche reproduction may be bad for this parish thus explaining my possible mistake but it hopefully will have an indication of whether the entry is for a son or daughter so clarifying things.

Thank you,
John Pead

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Keziah2

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Aldringham cum Thorpe Baptismal Parish Register - Pade
« Reply #1 on: Monday 07 January 19 11:15 GMT (UK) »
Hello John

It shows up on the familysearch website as Francis Pade male son of Jeams Pade & Mary. https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:J3NW-7H1 

When was the burial of Fanny & what was the spelling of the surname?

K

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Online emeltom

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Aldringham cum Thorpe Baptismal Parish Register - Pade
« Reply #2 on: Monday 07 January 19 11:17 GMT (UK) »
It's not uncommon to come across Francis when it should be Frances and vice versa.

Emeltom
Smith Tiplady Boulton Branthwaite King Miller Woolfall Bretherton Archer and many more