Author Topic: Aldringham cum Thorpe Baptismal Parish Register - Pade  (Read 614 times)

Offline Mercian7

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Aldringham cum Thorpe Baptismal Parish Register - Pade
« on: Sunday 06 January 19 13:23 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Could anyone check an entry in Aldringham cum Thorpe's Baptismal Registers for 1770 please?

I looked at the microfiche for this register around 2005 when I was still living in England. However I think I may have made a transcription error for one child. I recorded:

10th June 1770 Francis Pade son of Jeams & Mary Pade. However because of a later burial record at Aldringham for a Fanny Pede suggests that the baptism record is actually Frances rather than Francis. The surname at this period has a myrad of variants in Suffolk. I checked the Suffolk Family History Disc for the period/Deanery of the baptism and, quite unusually, no sex is recorded in their transcript index. I now live in Portugal which makes it a tad difficult to check this one baptismal entry again.

If anyone could have a look I would be very grateful. I wonder if the microfiche reproduction may be bad for this parish thus explaining my possible mistake but it hopefully will have an indication of whether the entry is for a son or daughter so clarifying things.

Thank you,
John Pead

Offline Keziah2

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Aldringham cum Thorpe Baptismal Parish Register - Pade
« Reply #1 on: Monday 07 January 19 11:15 GMT (UK) »
Hello John

It shows up on the familysearch website as Francis Pade male son of Jeams Pade & Mary. https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:J3NW-7H1 

When was the burial of Fanny & what was the spelling of the surname?

K

Online emeltom

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Aldringham cum Thorpe Baptismal Parish Register - Pade
« Reply #2 on: Monday 07 January 19 11:17 GMT (UK) »
It's not uncommon to come across Francis when it should be Frances and vice versa.

Emeltom
Smith Tiplady Boulton Branthwaite King Miller Woolfall Bretherton Archer and many more