Author Topic: New and Well Stuck in FOX mud......  (Read 4421 times)

Offline diatoms

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: New and Well Stuck in FOX mud......
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 08 January 19 17:13 GMT (UK) »
Ive found him in 1851....
 he is an apprentice draper (aged 14) living with john james  (mottisfont)and mary ann (middlesex)  with charles, richard, and alfred. this was the information i have kept coming back to and have been unable to find anything on a james k fox. I found him on family search, there is  a registration number????? HO107.

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 08 January 19 17:20 GMT (UK) »
 :) Hi if you look back at reply 2 and subsequent replies he was located, but good to see you found him yourself!
Keyboard86

PS An online tree suggests John James Fox was the son of Richard Fox and Sarah Golden, he married 6th April 1829
Wellingborough a Mary Ann Jepson
Pelly/Pelley/Kingsbury/Challis/Nalder/Rochester/Raydenbow

UK Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline diatoms

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 08 January 19 18:04 GMT (UK) »
Yes thanks Keyboard86.
So John James and Mary Ann Jepson had Charles James, Richard Parsonage, Alfred, John Russell, Thomas Barker as their kids........ They also have James Richard (illegitimate) but where does Harriet come from in all this??

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 08 January 19 18:41 GMT (UK) »
Yes thanks Keyboard86.
So John James and Mary Ann Jepson had Charles James, Richard Parsonage, Alfred, John Russell, Thomas Barker as their kids........ They also have James Richard (illegitimate) but where does Harriet come from in all this??

Hi are you suggesting the James R Fox b 1837 is the illegitimate son of John James and Marry Ann, the 1851 suggests he is not a member/son of the family?
Keyboard86
Pelly/Pelley/Kingsbury/Challis/Nalder/Rochester/Raydenbow

UK Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline diatoms

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 08 January 19 19:06 GMT (UK) »
no I'm not, but he is living with them as an apprentice along with eliza kingstone, Alfred Trust, Alfred Westlake, joseph robbins, ann potter and mary drake in the 1851 census.

It is hard to work out which Charles Richard he came from and if he is the illegitimate child of him with Harriet who was Harriet.....

I have never done Family History/Trees before and I have been asked to do it by my parents. No other family member is interested only me so it is left for me to try and do it. I've spent months on it, some of it will be wrong coz of trying to fathom it out whilst on night shifts, some will okay. It took me ages to get the confidence to come on here and ask for some help - I went on another site and got slated and told to do it myself simply because I did not understand all the codes and letters they were giving me for another family tree and I could not work out all the different family stuff that I was apparently meant to understand. I was told to go to museums and churches to find the information out, working for the nhs does not give me that amount of time, so I am trying to do it on line and now with your help - thankfully - people who understand. So .... thank you.

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 08 January 19 19:27 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Go back to replies 12 and 17 re Harriett
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline diatoms

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 08 January 19 19:57 GMT (UK) »
Thanks, got it. So who was Charles Richard Fox's father? Richard Fox b.1772 (m.Sarah Golden) had a Charles Richard b.1802 d. 1838 but apparently he married a Rebecca Denby in 1826. Richard Fox had another brother I think - Stephen....

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday 08 January 19 22:16 GMT (UK) »
Whoa - one step at a time.  We don’t yet know whether that 1835 marriage resulted in the birth of James do we?

The Charles Richard Fox who married Elizabeth Saville in 1841 was with a possible father John in 1841 but we don’t know whether he was a widower or a bachelor without sight of the 1841 marriage cert.

Charles ticks all the boxes for name and occupation as per James marriage cert but we have nothing that shows them together.   

Where was James in 1841?  He wasn’t with Charles
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline diatoms

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday 09 January 19 18:44 GMT (UK) »
Hi Carole

On pg 2 under the allegations for marriage, there is a Harriet Jane Bell 21 y/o, she then died in 1839.

If James' Mum died, could James have gone to IoW to be with family? I have found a James age 5 (b.1936) with a birth place of Hampshire, he is on IoW with a Mary Fox and Shaw  There is a registration number: HO107????

I will keep looking....