Author Topic: Restoration please - Georgina Taylor 1919-2006 (Photo taken in Cardiff c1922)  (Read 744 times)

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Restoration please - Georgina Taylor 1919-2006 (Photo taken in Cardiff c1922)
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 09 January 19 16:26 GMT (UK) »
and with a different tone and a Victorian Album border.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline jansel70

• RootsChat Extra
  • G'day from Gold Coast - Perfect every day!
    • View Profile
Re: Restoration please - Georgina Taylor 1919-2006 (Photo taken in Cardiff c1922)
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 09 January 19 22:01 GMT (UK) »
Hello Carol,
Many thanks for these two lovely pieces of work. And the one with the Victorian album border just seems to leap off the screen.

And the following comments are for all those valuable Rootschat restorers who freely give their time and commitment to helping others less qualified in the skills and knowledge required to produce such quality work.
THANK YOU, THANK YOU. I have been rather overwhelmed with the responses I’ve had since I posted two restore requests (separate topics) over two days earlier this week. The quality and results have been stunning, and surpassed my expectations.
I’m just so impressed with the time, and thoughtfulness that goes into this 'pro bono' work. We, the posters of photos, are just so lucky to such a band of dedicated restorers who give their time so generously.
There has been much joy in our family when we see life returned to a degraded old photo, which will now be enjoyed so much more  by our future generations.
Kind regards .... Sel

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 09 January 19 22:21 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sel, Thanks for your appreciation for what we do. It's a hobby that we all enjoy and the pleasure comes from helping to ensure that these images can be preserved for future generations to enjoy. It also ensures that the links to past generations are not lost.
Responses like yours make this hobby all the more worthwhile  :D
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU