Author Topic: Mary Emma Williams death  (Read 3170 times)

Offline Amberella

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Emma Williams death
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 08 January 19 20:37 GMT (UK) »
https://www.geni.com/people/Roland-Percival-Bowen/4800176537810031250

Yes, that would be in my Bowen line but in the Clark family Bible (which encompasses the Bowens as well) He's ROWLAND PERCY BOWEN. Thanks for the link!

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 08 January 19 20:39 GMT (UK) »

Roland/Rowland Percival Bowen born 13 June 1894 and baptised 18 June 1899

Sandra

"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline mckha489

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 08 January 19 20:43 GMT (UK) »
Since that tree has yet another date of death I had a look at the newspaper linked earlier for March 5th 1904. Obits are on page 7. Nothing there.

Next issue.....they had a party the night before scanningI think....first and last few pages ok, but here is a clip from the middle  (the fuzziness is my fault but the mirror writing is not!)

Offline Amberella

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 08 January 19 20:46 GMT (UK) »

Roland/Rowland Percival Bowen born 13 June 1894 and baptised 18 June 1899

Sandra

Thank you so much!!  That "Methodist" designation is probably just for "convenience" although I'll have to check out the non-conformist links.   Mary Emma Williams was the daughter of a Unitarian minister in England.  When Howard Prime Bowen married his second wife, he listed his religion as "Unitarian".  I am the keeper of the MASSIVE marble clock given to Mary Emma's father, Samuel Fletcher Williams, when he retired along with the illuminated "thank you" piece of paper that came with the clock.  I've found that my branch of the Bowen family is rather fluid about religion.  Some of them are Methodists, some Anglican, some Congregationalist, some Huguenot, some Plymouth Brethren.  I often wonder what it was like at the dinner table when the Congregationalist sister-in-law chatted with the brother-in-law who was with the Plymouth Brethren or her sister, who was Unitarian.  Possibly it's one of those cases where they never talked about religion or politics!!

Offline eileenwilson

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 08 January 19 20:50 GMT (UK) »
My husband's parents were Unitarian even tho' she was raised in the United Church here in Canada (church organist father) and baptized in the Congregationalist church in Sherbrooke, Quebec, so yes, religion can be a fluid thing!

The link I sent had a link to the manager of the site who was Pete Bowen who must be a descendant of Rowland.

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 08 January 19 20:51 GMT (UK) »
George Henry Bowen baptised same day............

born 6 July 1898 and baptised 18 June 1899

Sandra

"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 08 January 19 20:54 GMT (UK) »

and another baptised same day - Charles Sydney

born 2 April 1896 baptised 18 June 1899

Sandra

Offline Amberella

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday 08 January 19 22:02 GMT (UK) »

and another baptised same day - Charles Sydney

born 2 April 1896 baptised 18 June 1899

Sandra

LOL - Rowland, Charles & Harry were born 1894, 1896 & 1898 so it sound as if the parents rounded them all up, got them "spit & polished" at the same time & got them to the church!!  Thanks for those

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday 08 January 19 22:32 GMT (UK) »
If Mary Emma was buried from the same church that the children were baptized in.....

The online records for this church appear to NOT have 1903 as part of the collection. This may explain why the burial can't be found.

My suggestion matches an earlier one....IMHO, you need to apply for the death date ($5.00 option) from the cemetery.

PB
We search for information but it is up to the thread owner to verify that it is correct.