Author Topic: U.S.D on birth certificate ??  (Read 1597 times)

Offline Brickwall Demolisher

• RootsChat Member
  • Becoming possibly more extinct each day.?
    • View Profile
Re: U.S.D on birth certificate ??
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 08 January 19 10:38 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for looking Omega,
    In the family HARRY ( HENRY ) is the only child who is born out of the London area.
His father ALFRED was born 1856 Wirral. Cheshire. He was a FIREMAN / STOKER on ships at that time. This could possibly be the reason of them being in that area at that time. Have not been able to find them on the 1881 census. He and my G/Grandmother marry St.Saviour's Southwark Surrey 1879. HARRY is their second child . Their first Mary Ann b 1880 dies 1881. Southwark. It just seem's odd that he was the only one to be born in Sussex. I have a feeling it might have something to do with living conditions. CHARLOTTE ( WANNELL ) was my G /  Grandmother's. Many thanks again for looking.
  Best Regards JUST J
Maycock LAMBETH 1700-1960's
Burcham NORFOLK ??/LAMBETH 1700 - 1960's
Wentzell CRIPPLEGATE/SOUTHWARK 1700-1960's
Sadler CAMBERWELL / LEWISHAM 1700 - 1960's
Elliott WALWORTH / 1700 -1960's
Lepine FRANCE/KENT/WALWORTH/1550's-1950's
Barnes DORSET / WALWORTH
Roberts GLAMORGAN,WALES

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 08 January 19 19:27 GMT (UK) »
Mckha489
is there no address other than that?

Usually, even if workhouse, they put the street address or something.  (well ones I've seen anyway)

Nothing else on the b.c. It seemed strange to me with just three letters U.S.D.
 I found the Wikipedia explanation just explains it as not much more than a District.
Apologies for not getting back sooner. Thank's for your interest.
         Regards JUST J
Barnes DORSET / WALWORTH
Roberts GLAMORGAN,WALES

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 09 January 19 12:24 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for looking Omega,
    In the family HARRY ( HENRY ) is the only child who is born out of the London area.
His father ALFRED was born 1856 Wirral. Cheshire. He was a FIREMAN / STOKER on ships at that time. This could possibly be the reason of them being in that area at that time and having not to be able to find them on the 1881 census. He and my G/Grandmother marry St.Saviour's Southwark Surrey 1879. HARRY is their second  child . Their first Mary Ann b 1880 dies 1881. Southwark. It just seem's odd that he was the only one to be born in Sussex. I have a feeling it might have something to do with living conditions. CHARLOTTE ( WANNELL ) was my G /  Grandmother's. Many thanks again for looking.
  Best Regards JUST J

Omega
  Thank you again for your help. HARRY WENTZELL b1882 Newhaven Lewes,Sussex.
My thought's of them being temporarily out of the London at that time. A Baptist records search have him Baptized 2 years later Walworth, Surrey along with his sister SARAH ANN. I was hoping to find something to the actual whereabouts of him / them. I may have to take into consideration of my G / Grandfather's occupation of Ship's fireman / stoker. It's a street address that I was really looking for in NEWHAVEN, LEWES, SUSSEX. Many thanks again for your time,
  Regards    Just J
Barnes DORSET / WALWORTH
Roberts GLAMORGAN,WALES

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re.U.S.D on birth certificate ?? Update
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 16 January 19 08:54 GMT (UK) »
His father ALFRED was born 1856 Wirral. Cheshire. He was a FIREMAN / STOKER on ships at that time. This could possibly be the reason of them being in that area at that time. Have not been able to find them on the 1881 census. He and my G/Grandmother marry St.Saviour's Southwark Surrey 1879. HARRY is their second child . Their first Mary Ann b 1880 dies 1881. Southwark. It just seem's odd that he was the only one to be born in Sussex.

Wed. 16th Jan
Thanks for looking, any info. much appreciated,

On the above I have recently come across a work record / salary payment of
ALBERT WENTZEL. Step-Grandfather in Newhaven in 1881. It's the closest documentation that we have found on anyone of the family being in that area around that time.  ( HARRY's birthday is in Jun Qtr Lewes 1882. )

I would like to know can anyone advise me on where Newhaven shipping records for 1881 / 1882 are now being kept.?

Are they still in the same area or have they have been moved elsewhere?
Best Regards JUST J
Barnes DORSET / WALWORTH
Roberts GLAMORGAN,WALES