Author Topic: Looking for Andrew Lindsay  (Read 1856 times)

Offline aspin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • What a Lad What a miss
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for Andrew Lindsay
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 13 January 19 23:53 GMT (UK) »
Thank you this is not our Jane Nicoll
I see how I couldn't find it
Thanks again your all so helpful
Elizabeth
McKenzie,Helmsdale.,Mackay's,Gordon's,Polsons,Sutherland's,Loth & N/Z .Watson ,Munro,Pitsligo.Black. Harle ,East Hollywell.Black,and Short East Hollywell.Northumberland Gair, Amble,Douglas,Amble,Mitchell ,Fettercairns,Lyall, Brechin .Mearns Brechin.Thompson's ,Spittal. Maghie,Young .Raey Cumberland & Newcastle & Glasgow .Gilroy, Northumberland. Stark's Kyloe & Tweedmouth .Skeen's Tweedmouth.Gregsons Northumberland & America. Andrew Farmer Turnbull Berwick , Pool and Black Hull.Lounton Tweedmouth

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 14 January 19 10:58 GMT (UK) »
Thank you this is not our Jane Nicoll
The Jean Nicol Lindsay who married George F Badger in Forfar in 1942 was the daughter of William Lindsay and Jean McIntosh Lindsay, maiden surname Nicol. Her age at death (91 in 1992) exactly fits with the birth of Jane Nicoll Lindsay in 1901 and her age in the 1901 and 1911 censuses. Why do you think she isn't yours?
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline aspin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • What a Lad What a miss
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 14 January 19 12:56 GMT (UK) »
Sorry about this my daughter and I didn't know she was married will get back to her a let her know
We are looking up. The. Lindsay family for our son in law
I found that marriage last night on Scotland people will go back into it many thanks again wonder why she was taken to Edinburgh !!!! Unless she was in a nursing home down there from Angus and had to go into hospital thanks again
Elizabeth
McKenzie,Helmsdale.,Mackay's,Gordon's,Polsons,Sutherland's,Loth & N/Z .Watson ,Munro,Pitsligo.Black. Harle ,East Hollywell.Black,and Short East Hollywell.Northumberland Gair, Amble,Douglas,Amble,Mitchell ,Fettercairns,Lyall, Brechin .Mearns Brechin.Thompson's ,Spittal. Maghie,Young .Raey Cumberland & Newcastle & Glasgow .Gilroy, Northumberland. Stark's Kyloe & Tweedmouth .Skeen's Tweedmouth.Gregsons Northumberland & America. Andrew Farmer Turnbull Berwick , Pool and Black Hull.Lounton Tweedmouth

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 14 January 19 13:30 GMT (UK) »
wonder why she was taken to Edinburgh !!!! Unless she was in a nursing home down there from Angus and had to go into hospital thanks again
Unlikely. If she was living in Angus and needed to be taken into hospital she would have been taken to Ninewells Hospital in Dundee.

George Ferguson Badger died in Leith in 1973, aged 86. He was born in Kilmarnock in 1887. He was a civil servant - senior executive officer, Ministry of National Insurance in 1946 when he got an MBE - see https://www.thegazette.co.uk/London/issue/37617/supplement/3125/data.pdf. So the chances are that they actually lived most of their married life in Edinburgh.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline aspin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • What a Lad What a miss
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 14 January 19 15:00 GMT (UK) »
Found their marriage and printed it of also found both deaths thank you for this new information
Elizabeth

Offline pajarita

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 23 April 20 06:59 BST (UK) »
First time user here so I may be doing this wrong!  Andrew Lindsay is my grandfather, who came to South Africa in the late 1920s.  I did quite a bit of family tree study back in the late 90s.  Jane Nicoll, his mother, was Jane Mackintosh Nicoll.  I unfortunately couldnt find her date of birth or death, but believe that her parents were a John Nicoll and Jessie Robie.  My grandfather passed away 1 May 1985.  He had 3 daughters - Fiona, Lesley and (*).  I am Lesleys older daughter.  Fiona and Lesley have both since sadly passed away.  My auntie (*)currently is working in the Uk. I live in South Africa.  I hope this helps.

(*) Moderator Comment:
Edited in accordance with RootsChat policy of not publishing details of living people here, or details of people who may still be living. This is to protect all concerned from spam, identity abuse, internet abuse, etc, etc.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

Offline spades

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 23 April 20 07:42 BST (UK) »
Hi Pajarita, and welcome to RootsChat :)

No, you're doing everything right. ;D

I have edited your post to remove the name of a living person (we work to ensure personal privacy by not posting such details or email addresses to avoid spam and other online abuses), but if you need help using the forum just ask on a topic and someone will be able to guide you. 8)

Spades

ELLERKER - Beverley ERY ENG
HEALEY - IRL?
MURDOCH - Wigtownshire SCT, Otago and Westland NZ
PALING - Nottinghamshire ENG
RILEY - Flamborough; Cottingham; South Dalton ERY, Manitoba CAN, & London ENG
STURTON - Arnold, Nottinghamshire ENG
SUTTRON - All, NRY & DUR ENG
TAYLOR - London ENG
TYLER - London ENG
TERNAN/TIERNAN - Dublin IRL

Offline pajarita

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 23 April 20 08:08 BST (UK) »
Thank you Spades and I apologize for my mistake.

Offline aspin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • What a Lad What a miss
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 23 April 20 08:08 BST (UK) »
Hi I will get back to you later I think my son in law might be a relative of yours
Elizabeth