Author Topic: Saint John's ambulance dublin  (Read 939 times)

Offline Diarmuidgannon1916

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Saint John's ambulance dublin
« on: Tuesday 08 January 19 16:58 GMT (UK) »
Hi
There I am looking for information or old photos  on saint john ambulance, Dublin 1920/50 , old photos,  kimmage or crumlin and dublin city divisions,  and Whitehall  north dublin division , now I've checked with there head office in leeson street, they don't hold an archive , national library of ireland and also the gilbert library  have very little just some 1916 stuff on saint johns, the Internet has more or less the same old pages, so it just the 4 areas of dublin I have interest in, as my 3 relatives were members , Margaret jordan, james gannon, Michael gannon.
Maybe some looking in , has an old picture or information at home , regarding the above,
Thank you Diarmuid

Offline Fnna

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Saint John's ambulance dublin
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 09 January 19 09:24 GMT (UK) »
Have you tried the book "The Red Cross in Ireland : an account of the Red Cross work of the St. John Ambulance Brigade and the British Red Cross Society in ... Leinster, Munster and Connaught : from Aug. 1st, 1914, to Nov., 1918 "? You can request it in a library.
I'm a researcher in subject of White Russian emigres (first wave of Russian immigration after the Russian Revolution of 1917) in Ireland. I'll be happy to know about other Russian graves in Ireland.

Offline Diarmuidgannon1916

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Saint John's ambulance dublin
« Reply #2 on: Monday 14 January 19 21:58 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for your help the dates regarding saints johns, 1920 /50s dublin