Author Topic: Yew Tree Cemetary,Finch lane,West Derby Grave information if possible please  (Read 1339 times)

Offline IanChris

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Yew Tree Cemetary,Finch lane,West Derby Grave information if possible please
« on: Wednesday 09 January 19 13:10 GMT (UK) »
Hi everybody,
I am hoping you will be able to help me in the search for Grandfathers resting place,
I believe he was buried in Yew Tree Cemetery, West Derby, Liverpool,his funeral service being held
at St Dominics RC church.
His full name was Benjamin Gerard Searson, his year of birth was 1922 and year of death was 1975,
My Mother passed away recently and she was estranged from the rest of her family so these are the
only real details i can offer i am afraid.
I have exhausted all available avenues on Google etc etc.
Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

Ian Christopherson

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Yew Tree Cemetary,Finch lane,West Derby Grave information if possible please
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 09 January 19 14:09 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ian and welcome

i have seen this email address used for lookups on other postings
http://freepages.rootsweb.com/~hibernia/genealogy/index.htm

Offline emeltom

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Yew Tree Cemetary,Finch lane,West Derby Grave information if possible please
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 09 January 19 14:16 GMT (UK) »
There is a member, Ozranga, who is willing to do look ups for Ford and Yew Tree Cemeteries. Just search for the thread headed Ford and Yew Tree Cemetery Records.

Emeltom
Smith Tiplady Boulton Branthwaite King Miller Woolfall Bretherton Archer and many more

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 09 January 19 15:39 GMT (UK) »
Liverpool Echo 02 June 1975 has four death notices for him, the first indicates the service and burial was at Yew Tree:

SEARSON May 28 1975, at home after long suffering so bravely borne BENJAMIN GERARD SEARSON devoted husband of Kay, most wonderful father of his Children (Now reunited with his brothers Danny, George, Eddie and Robert and sisters Kathy and Ann).  He worked so hard for those he loved and they will remember him always. God bless my love.
Service and interment at Yew Tree Cemetery on Wednesday, June 4 at 11 a.m. Now resting at Craven's Chapel of Repose Page Moss - His wife Kay 48 Murcote Road Liverpool 14.

SEARSON May 28 1975, BENJAMIN SEARSON dearly loved father of Danny and intended daughter in law Janet, (In tears we saw you sinking we watched you fade away, our hearts were almost broken you tried so hard to stay. If leaving us has eased your pain, sleep on dear dad, till we meet again).

SEARSON May 28 1975, BENJAMIN SEARSON much loved father of Peter, daughter in law Mary, grandchildren Suzanne, Peter Mark. (You didn't deserve to suffer as you did but now rest in  peace).

SEARSON BENJAMIN SEARSON  beloved father of Denise, son in law Joe and grandsons Ian (Will be sadly missed).

Boo

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 09 January 19 16:47 GMT (UK) »
His wife Kay (Catherine) also has death notices in the Liverpool Echo on 23 Dec 1986

SEARSON Catherine
December 20 1986, devoted
mother of Ann, Peter, Denise and Danny, mother in law
of Roger, Marion, Joe and Janet.
loving Nan of Danny, David,
Suzanne, Peter, Mark, Christopher
Ian, Keith, Daniel and Philip.
Requiem Mass to be held at St Dominic's Church
on Monday December 29, at
9a.m. followed by interment
in Yew Tree Cemetery at 10 a/m/
Resting at Craven's Funeral Service, Page Moss, to
which flowers maybe sent.

SEARSON Catherine
December 20 1986, Broadgreen
(Will be remembered) by daughter Denise,
son in law Joe and grandchildren Ian and Keith

Ozranga (in the thread you have already been pointed to)
may be able to confirm  the section and plot number and if there are any other burials in what I suspect is the grave they are both buried in and she may have info as to whether or not there is a headstone.

Boo

Offline IanChris

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 09 January 19 23:01 GMT (UK) »
Thank you so much for your help guys!!!

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 10 January 19 11:29 GMT (UK) »
Now you have the grave number (M486) from Ozranga, if you are in the area you can look to see if the grave has a stone.

You can see a section map here:
http://www.rootschat.com/links/01n8d/

I believe the first person in the grave (Catherine Kemp) was your maternal G Grandmother.
FreeBMD Marriages shows a very likely registration Q2 1944, Prescot for Benjamin Searson and Catherine Kemp, plus the birth registrations of the known children give a mother's maiden name of Kemp - though I can't post details of those as we aren't allowed to discuss details of people who may still be alive.

If you have access to the 1939 National ID register (something we aren't allowed to do lookups for) or can get to a library which does, then you'll probably find your Grandmother in there - though Grandad may not be as he was of an age to be in the Forces who weren't recorded - worth a look though.

Boo