Author Topic: Help with how to sort Shared Matches please.  (Read 210 times)

Offline Braytons

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Help with how to sort Shared Matches please.
« on: Wednesday 09 January 19 19:39 GMT (UK) »
Hello me again on my search for my Grandmother's real parents.

As said on a previous post I have recently got my sister's DNA results.  Some of our matches overlap. 

I can identify some as matching a family who I have already confirmed as related.

Shall I not pursue those matches?  Can I presume they will be related via the same family as I have already found.  What do you think of the chances that they could be related on a different branch of my tree?  Seems unlikely to me.  I am trying to narrow the task.

I hope I am making sense.  ???  :-\

Braytons

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline sugarfizzle

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
STEER, mainly Surrey, Kent; PINNOCKS/HAINES, Gosport, Hants; BARKER, mainly Broadwater, Sussex; Gosport, Hampshire; LAVERSUCH, Micheldever, Hampshire; WESTALL, London, Reading, Berks; HYDE, Croydon, Surrey; BRIGDEN, Hadlow, Kent and London; TUTHILL/STEPHENS, London
WILKINSON, Leeds, Yorkshire and Liverpool; WILLIAMSON, Liverpool; BEARE, Yeovil, Somerset; ALLEN, Kent and London; GORST, Liverpool; HOYLE, mainly Leeds, Yorkshire

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.go

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.